ADVERTISEMENT

Blacksburg preview

Not sure what's going to change for them. Only team they were within three scores of last year in their seven losses was HV (24 points). They managed to break a loooong winless streak by a streak of their own with decisive wins over Floyd and Rockingham but their schedule hasn't changed a bit and it so desperately needs to do so. Why you'd ever put Giles and LB in your OOD when you're Blacksburg is beyond me. It's not the NCAA, you don't get a check to get your tailed whipped. Schedule bad. Schedule really, really bad (lots of C1/C2 schools would love to have a shot at beating a C4) and try to re-energize the program by pushing towards .500 and then more kids may show out and you build from there.

Not sure what's going to change for them. Only team they were within three scores of last year in their seven losses was HV (24 points). They managed to break a loooong winless streak by a streak of their own with decisive wins over Floyd and Rockingham but their schedule hasn't changed a bit and it so desperately needs to do so. Why you'd ever put Giles and LB in your OOD when you're Blacksburg is beyond me. It's not the NCAA, you don't get a check to get your tailed whipped. Schedule bad. Schedule really, really bad (lots of C1/C2 schools would love to have a shot at beating a C4) and try to re-energize the program by pushing towards .500 and then more kids may show out and you build from there.
Has Giles improved?

I agree. Playing a C1 school does nothing for a C4. I could see them playing Patrick County (C2) or Carroll (C3).

Has Giles improved?

I agree. Playing a C1 school does nothing for a C4. I could see them playing Patrick County (C2) or Carroll (C3).
Giles was 3-8 last year and still beat Blacksburg 35-8. I agree with Hokie that BB should play lightweights OOD and don't toughen it up until they consistently hit .500 so they can get some excitement back in the program. Every 10-15 years they have a very solid group come through, and BB is very good in a lot of other sports consistently. Definitely a lot of talent in the school just need to encourage the kids to come out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT