ADVERTISEMENT

Blacksburg's Terry decommits from UVA

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Just saw on Twitter. Has reopened his recruitment. Each and every kid deserves to go wherever they want, but if you are not sure why say it to start with. Not a UVA fan, but I feel for them.

Last edited:
Just saw on Twitter. Has reopened his recruitment. Each and every kid deserves to go wherever they want, but if you are not sure why say it to start with. Not a UVA fan, but I feel for them.
Just like the Oscar Smith kid did

He should go to Va Tech, heck even with a down year , they beat UVA and are headed to a bowl game. And he will get more exposure on TV etc at Va Tech.

I’m sure UVA will be ok. These schools pull their offers at the last minute all the time so why can’t the athletes do the same? None of us know what happened so it’s not fair to put all of this on Terry’s shoulders.

Schools push kids out all the time after a commit. Not saying that's the case here but this is the only point where a kid has any power in the relationship between player and school and they should use that to their utmost to get all they want out of the process because when they sign that LOI it all goes away and they become a cog in a machine with VERY interchangeable parts. This is part of the dance, schools have to deal with this like players have to deal with things like getting slowplayed for a "better" prospect.

Schools push kids out all the time after a commit. Not saying that's the case here but this is the only point where a kid has any power in the relationship between player and school and they should use that to their utmost to get all they want out of the process because when they sign that LOI it all goes away and they become a cog in a machine with VERY interchangeable parts. This is part of the dance, schools have to deal with this like players have to deal with things like getting slowplayed for a "better" prospect.
Well said. Kids have to show their cards well ahead of coaches in the “game” of recruiting. Not sure exactly what happened, but I’m absolutely positive it’s not all on this kid’s shoulders.

Reactions: New River Express
He should go to Va Tech, heck even with a down year , they beat UVA and are headed to a bowl game. And he will get more exposure on TV etc at Va Tech.
UVA finished with a better record,they are going to a BETTER bowl,playing a better opponent than VT. VT had to pay another team to lose to make it to a bowl at 6-6. They were projected to win their side of the ACC,and UVA was only projected to get 3 wins. UVA was on TV 8x compared to VT’s 6,so try again. VT wasn’t worth putting on TV!! UVA will finish with 9-10 wins next year,and VT will go 6-6 at best,again next year. Poor choice of head coach,and Bud Foster is a has been.

Reactions: wikki
UVA finished with a better record,they are going to a BETTER bowl,playing a better opponent than VT. VT had to pay another team to lose to make it to a bowl at 6-6. They were projected to win their side of the ACC,and UVA was only projected to get 3 wins. UVA was on TV 8x compared to VT’s 6,so try again. VT wasn’t worth putting on TV!! UVA will finish with 9-10 wins next year,and VT will go 6-6 at best,again next year. Poor choice of head coach,and Bud Foster is a has been.
And yet Tech wil beat UVA again next year.

So of your arguments hold no weight, and I certainly don't dislike UVA. 1. If you want to say VT paid Marshall to lose, well then they did the same with ODU and they didn't oblige. 2. I don't know where VT was picked to win the Coastal, as Miami was ranked higher to begin the year. 3. I'm sure who was on TV more has more to do with where you live than anything else. 4. None of these things matters on what happened in their head to head game.

5. And what really matters, what does any of this have to do with the young man that the post is about? Because someone (who I would assume is a VT fan) said he should go there? So when the fans have said "I wish so and so would stay home and go to UVA or VT, what's the difference?

and yet you lost to them,

How many football ACC championships have the hoos won ? They have been ACC members since.....leather helmet days

Both Tech and UVA would finish with an overall record of 3-9 in the SEC or Big 10

It's a tough decision for any kid to have to make. Things change and the recruiting process is very fluid on both ends - at the end of the day you just hope the student-athlete ends up at the school that is best fit for him athletically and more importantly academically. I hope Terry ends up in the place that checks all the boxes and I hope he has a great experience with whatever program he decides to play for and more importantly earns a degree.

Reactions: New River Express

VT paid for a 12th game, not a 13th, and Marshall was an 8-3 team which, assuming you know basic math, is a superior record than UVA's mere 7-5. VT also wasn't projected to win the Coastal either, now you're just making up stuff to try and stretch your argument. Third, not a soul tunes in to watch UVA football except UVA fans, you've never in your history been must-see TV.

And most hilarious of all is a UVA fan ever talking smack about a team they've lost to FIFTEEN YEARS in a row. Nations have risen and fallen since the last time UVA could say they beat VT.

VT paid for a 12th game, not a 13th, and Marshall was an 8-3 team which, assuming you know basic math, is a superior record than UVA's mere 7-5. VT also wasn't projected to win the Coastal either, now you're just making up stuff to try and stretch your argument. Third, not a soul tunes in to watch UVA football except UVA fans, you've never in your history been must-see TV.

And most hilarious of all is a UVA fan ever talking smack about a team they've lost to FIFTEEN YEARS in a row. Nations have risen and fallen since the last time UVA could say they beat VT.

MIC DROP........:eek:

Reactions: FootballArmy
ADVERTISEMENT