ADVERTISEMENT

Bland vs Graham

Sep 6, 2010
62-14. Bland started 3 freshmen on both sides of the ball due to some injuries and it looks like they may have lost their starting qb. Hopefully they can get healthy over the next two weeks but big task ahead with a physical Galax team up next Friday.

Bland was out manned last night. Not having lber/fullback and de/guard really hurt but probably didn't affect the outcome just the score. Blands qb is out for season so they'll likely be starting a freshman the rest of the year. Graham has a lot athletes and they played physical last night.

That's terrible news. I was looking forward to seeing how far they could go in the playoffs.Good luck to the young QB taking his place.

If the freshman is the one that started for the jv I heard he was pretty darn good.

He is. He actually ran down Graham's running back last night to tackle him on 2 or 3 and had a big run against the first team but fumbled it away fighting for yardage.

This experience will help him in the future and you never know he might give them a spark this year.

Always pull for bland...but Harris n peoples will run on them all night...Harris is a load...hope I'm wrong...but think galax tools on the bears just like they did on the greenwaves

A lot of it depends on blands health. Not saying galax won't tool on bland anyway but if healthy bland is a much better team with a pretty solid run defense so far. Not sure that is going to happen though. The lber is still hobbled and reports say he isn't doing much in practice but their d end should return this week. Hopefully they are at full strength just to give us an idea of what kind of team they have. If not coach Dixon has always done s good job of controlling the score. I remember a few years ago when bland went to galax starting 9 sophomores (starting halfbacks combined weighed under 260), a freshman, and a junior fullback converted to qb and coach Dixon was very respectful in managing the score despite having Steven peoples. As for the qb he maybe blands best athlete and may open the edge up some but I think he's just rushing a little right now and the experience should help with that. Won't get too much more difficult than galax.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT