ADVERTISEMENT

BOYS 2C CHAMP FINAL SCORE: RADFORD 62 FLOYD COUNTY 56

Fairlawncat

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 24, 2018
Radford led 58-54 with 2 minutes left and Floyd County had the ball with a chance to cut it to 1 or 2 points, but Radford came up with a big steal to go up 6. Floyd hit 2 fouls shots to cut it back to 4 with 1:30 seconds left in the game, then Floyd got a steal and cut it to 2 with just over 1 minute left. Radford takes the ball and draws a foul and two free throw attempts and missed both foul shots and Floyd got the rebound with 1 minute left. Floyd Ball with 1 minute left and down 2 points and a chance to tie or take the lead. Floyd turned the ball over in the half court set with 28 seconds left and then fouled Radford with 19.9 seconds left in the game. Shooting a one and one, Radford missed and Radford got the deflected rebound and Floyd again fouled with 14 seconds. both free throws by Radford were good to go up by 4 points with 14.5 seconds. Radford came up with another steal and a lay up in the last 10 seconds to finish it 58-52 This game was very close and Floyd had 3 chances in the last 60 seconds to tie or take the lead, but came up short.

Reactions: pizzzzza
The Radford vs Union game will be a tossup. Radford is not the favorite. We have another very good team, but we do not have the inside presence we have traditionally had. I think we can beat Union, but not at all surprised if Union wins the game. Union is very good and having seen Radford for 25 plus years regularly and watching Union this year, I may even favor Union by 2-3 points. It's going to be a very, very close game.

Reactions: pizzzzza
Yea this particular year - having already been strange due to obvious reasons - is pretty wide open, especially with John Marshall choosing not to play, among others.

Teams that did play are playing a very limited number of games during the regular season, which have given us a very small sample.

I think at this point anyone can win it all, especially with no fans in the gym.

And if height counts for anything, give the edge to East Rock.

The Radford vs Union game will be a tossup. Radford is not the favorite. We have another very good team, but we do not have the inside presence we have traditionally had. I think we can beat Union, but not at all surprised if Union wins the game. Union is very good and having seen Radford for 25 plus years regularly and watching Union this year, I may even favor Union by 2-3 points. It's going to be a very, very close game.

As a Union fan I for sure see Radford as the favorite. You guys have been in this spot basically every year while Union is the new kid on the block. Union has three kids that can each score 20+ but it's gonna be tough for Union to play the style they like against that Radford D.

Union doesn't have a traditional low post threat really but Bunch is very athletic and can work inside if they go small. GC lacked size so Bunch made hay around the bucket. Radford is more equipped to deal with that, they're bigger than GC who was very small.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT