ADVERTISEMENT

Boys Class 2A Championship: East Rockingham vs Union

kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
After 1, Union 21 East Rock 15. Cusano with four 3's for Union. Nickel has 13 for ER

Union leads 36-26 at the half. Bears are playing very physical and making the Eagles earn everything. Cusano with 17 points for Union.

East Rock has got themselves in a mess. Well, at the half, the Bears of Union caused that mess. The story at the half with the Bears up 10 is Union in the half court offense and Union in the half court defense. It's been a game nearly completely played in half court sets with little fast break points. Unions ability to space out, move the ball, and drain 3's and Union's ability to cover to East Rock and challenge shots in the half court sets. Great game to watch. Also, Union, which was noticeable against us (Radford) is physical! Their kids are just flat out strong and stocky and just physically tough and physically strong, much like their football prowess. Going to be a great 2nd half and fun to watch.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
East Rock has got themselves in a mess. Well, at the half, the Bears of Union caused that mess. The story at the half with the Bears up 10 is Union in the half court offense and Union in the half court defense. It's been a game nearly completely played in half court sets with little fast break points. Unions ability to space out, move the ball, and drain 3's and Union's ability to cover to East Rock and challenge shots in the half court sets. Great game to watch. Also, Union, which was noticeable against us (Radford) is physical! Their kids are just flat out strong and stocky and just physically tough and physically strong, much like their football prowess. Going to be a great 2nd half and fun to watch.
The Union D isn't allowing hardly anything in the paint and have pretty much made ER shoot totally from the outside. Very impressed with their defense thus far and overall team play

Union wins 62-47. Bears were just too physical and didn't allow anything to come easy. Nickel probably had around 25, but he had to fight for every point.

Reactions: BigWinners
Length, smothering defense and excellent shooting win out. How bout that. Union wins a basketball title before a football title. All.Credit to Zack Moore and these kids, they earned this, beating Radford and ER back to back!

Length, smothering defense and excellent shooting win out. How bout that. Union wins a basketball title before a football title. All.Credit to Zack Moore and these kids, they earned this, beating Radford and ER back to back!
Kudos to Union. I don't think anyone picked them at the beginning of the season. Their physicality was just too much for the finesse oriented Eagles

Reactions: Union_Fan
Kudos to Union. I don't think anyone picked them at the beginning of the season. Their physicality was just too much for the finesse oriented Eagles
I didn't think Union was overly physical in a sense of fouling and hammering kids but it felt like Union was gonna get in the pocket and force the kids to earn every point and limit the easy baskets. I was honestly surprised how well I thought today was officiated.

I didn't think Union was overly physical in a sense of fouling and hammering kids but it felt like Union was gonna get in the pocket and force the kids to earn every point and limit the easy baskets. I was honestly surprised how well I thought today was officiated.
Totally agree with everything you said.

Reactions: BigWinners
Totally agree with everything you said.
Didn't hurt having Cusano come out on FIRE and hit five threes in first half lol. I thought ER ran into some of same issues Radford had, Union has too many players that can handle the ball and length all across the court. But they tried to keep Bunch off of Nickel but the much smaller Honeycutt did a fantastic job making him earn every bucket and not letting him get comfortable and get into a groove.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT