ADVERTISEMENT

Boys QF: Gate City 67 Radford 48 - FINAL

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
Gate City out to a great start, ahead 13-5 on Radford with 4:38 left 1stQ.

Coach Cormany legit going with the 2-1 defensive strategy against McClung

End of 1st qtr GC 21 - Radford 10

Bradley Dean 2 Jon Compton 6 Zac Ervin 6 Mac McClung 7

Supporting cast getting it done for the Devils so far.

Gate City 21, Radford 14 with 5:21 left in the first half. Radford amping up the defensive pressure

HALFTIME: Gate City 29, Radford 20.

GC: Bradley Dean 2 Jon Compton 6 Zac Ervin 9 Mac McClung 9 Jonathan Sallee 3

Rad: Morton-Robertson 12 points

Devils looks very pumped up going into the locker room

And with that...Mac has officially passed Kobe Bryant on the all-time single season high school scoring list. 1,049 to 1,048

The house is heating up at Radford University as Radford High cuts the Gate City lead to 33-30

4:31 3rd Q

End of 3rd qtr GC 41- Radford 30

Bradley Dean 2 Jon Compton 6 Zac Ervin 11 Mac McClung 15 Jonathan Sallee 5 Andrew Sharpe 2

The difference is the non big-3 have scored 13 points so far in the game for Gate City.

Just like that Cam Cormany hits two threes and that mixed with a Miles Jones bucket Radford down 41-38

6:56 left, 4th quarter

Devils answer Bobcats run...Timeout with 4:37 remaining GC leading 48-38

Radford bench just hit with technical foul on the coach

3:54 left

Gate City up 51-41

McClung with 20

Q of radford has 20

Fans start to head for the exits with Gate City leading Radford 59-48 and 1:26 left in the game

FINAL: Gate City 67, Radford 48

Scoring for the Blue Devils

Bradley Dean 6
Jon Compton 6
Zac Ervin 22
Mac McClung 24
Jonathan Sallee 7
Andrew Sharpe 2

Misleading final score....

It appears that Graham woke up Gate City last week!

Watch out!

"No question about it, give the Devil's their due, it may be safe to bet that they are better than you."

It speaks exactly to why Div 1 players are Div 1 players. There's a difference when 2 are on the floor and having 2 in High School Ball at the AA level matters. Great win for GC. I had Radford winning it close and going on to win the title. As for Graham waking GC up. I think that's partially true, but again.....it begs the question......just how good is Graham? If I were not a Graham fan (rooting for Lee myself) then I would hope it was a case of Graham waking up GC last week instead of Graham simply being that good. I suspect it's a little of both.

Reactions: 19GHS87 and Buc101
I agree. GC played terrible against Graham but some of that was due to Graham. If they get by Martinsville tomorrow where will the game be played?

According to our fearless leader - Matthew Hatfield - Mac McClung would need 60 points over the final 2 games for Gate City to break Caleb Tanner's VHSL career scoring record.

So it's STILL possible...

And meanwhile...the DAWGS are just sitting back and watching everyone talk about everyone but THEM........:)

Reactions: AntGZee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT