ADVERTISEMENT

BOYS Region C Semis: Glenvar 42 Floyd 41 - FINAL

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
Region 2C boys: In the first semifinal tonight, Glenvar beats Floyd County 42-41 on 2 free throws with 10 seconds left.

2C boys - Floyd Co. 18, Glenvar 17, half
(Comment from twitter: High school needs a shot clock. Definitely at Glenvar pace. Floyd would run them out of the place with a shot clock)

The Highlanders will play the winner of Martinsville/Radford in the region championship on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Congrats to Glenvar. What a tough hard nosed bunch. Reaching the finals and a trip to the state in Region C? That's impressive for Glenvar.

I'm a Region D guy, but for this year (2019-20 season), Region C has 5 and maybe, maybe 6 teams better than the best team in Region D in Gate City.

Martinsville, Dan River, Radford, Glenvar, Floyd County, and questionably.....Fort Chiswell are 6 teams better than the best team in Region D (likely Gate City, but maybe Central if they win.) Fort Chiswell on their best night would play with Gate City. 8 of 10 times, they likely lose, bit for the other 5 teams, I think they would best Gate City this year.

I will be rooting for Gate City though. Central also. Still, don't be surprised if those mighty Devil's and the Dean machine pull a W over the Glenvar/Mohavi loser. I think Region C has 5 teams better than Gate City this year, but that don't mean the Devil's can't win game one. They are STILL close enough and good enough to advance to the final four.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT