ADVERTISEMENT

Brackets are getting ready to change.

VHSL got the Cville-Byrd tie breaker wrong. Byrd will be #5 Cville #6.

That’s why matchups don’t need to be released until Monday’s

I hear the 4A bracket is about to change as well. I seen online that Wilson is out and Jamestown is in

Reactions: ForksUp
I guess we should just keep up threads for Salem vs Cville and Salem vs Byrd...

VHSL got the Cville-Byrd tie breaker wrong. Byrd will be #5 Cville #6.

How does the tie-breaker give it to Byrd? I think C’ville still wins the tie-breaker. It looks like WA did have a 10 game schedule so they got it wrong that it’s not tie-breaker e, but it falls to tie-breaker g and C’ville wins that (avg of all opponents ratings).

How does the tie-breaker give it to Byrd? I think C’ville still wins the tie-breaker. It looks like WA did have a 10 game schedule so they got it wrong that it’s not tie-breaker e, but it falls to tie-breaker g and C’ville wins that (avg of all opponents ratings).
It falls to tiebreaker f which is win percentage which Byrd is 9-1 and C’ville is 7-3 so Byrd wins.

Reactions: LunchPailD
It's showing tiebreaker f giving the edge to Byrd. (Idk what tiebreaker f is, but that's what the site shows now.

Reactions: LunchPailD
It falls to tiebreaker f which is win percentage which Byrd is 9-1 and C’ville is 7-3 so Byrd wins.

Great catch. I read EC Glass’s record (the same as C’ville) on the initial pairings since they played C’ville and misapplied it as Byrd’s record. It looks like the VHSL assumed WA playing Collegiate didn’t count as a 10-game schedule, when it actually does.

It is my understanding that Shawn Knight is the VHSL official responsible for the compiling and distributing the playoff brackets.

Shame on him. To allow the brackets to be sent out with even one error is inexcusable. To have multiple errors is beyond comprehension.

The poor kids at Wilson thought they had made the playoffs, only to find out later that they didn't? And the kids at Jamestown were crushed that they were left out? And then found out that they were in?

You just can't make mistakes like this.

I know of at least two more mistakes that led to seeding changes. (3D and 4D).

The VHSL is supposed to be leading the way in excellence in education. Instead, they make basic mathematical mistakes? And multiple times?

Shameful, just totally shameful.

It is my understanding that Shawn Knight is the VHSL official responsible for the compiling and distributing the playoff brackets.

Shame on him. To allow the brackets to be sent out with even one error is inexcusable. To have multiple errors is beyond comprehension.

The poor kids at Wilson thought they had made the playoffs, only to find out later that they didn't? And the kids at Jamestown were crushed that they were left out? And then found out that they were in?

The VHSL is supposed to be leading the way in excellence in education. Instead, they make basic mathematical mistakes? And multiple times?

I heard about 4A and 4D. What’d you hear that changed from 3D? I haven’t seen an update on that region’s pairings yet.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Lol they also had the bracket in region 3 c wrong they had Turner
Ashby as the #8 seed and I checked two hours later and Liberty
was the #8 seed.

So that’s 4A, 4D, 3D, and 3C as bfootball just brought to our attention. All involving tie-breaker miscues by the VHSL. It’s great that the point system calculation seems to be working correctly. My guess is the tie-breaker procedure is gone through by hand, which leads to these mistakes. A formula in excel could easily calculate tie-breaker winners. I know I could put it together, so there’s no reason the VHSL can’t. Like DP said, that’s when kids are misinformed and go from thinking they made the playoffs to packing up their equipment Monday.

The same happened with TA and Liberty-Bedford in 3C. TA was originally in and Liberty out only to be flip flopped hours later. This is extremely disappointing for the kids and inexcusable by the VHSL.

I bet those Jamestown uniforms were retrieved real fast tonite. Tough game for them to say the least but a great experience. It’s not always about winning.

The same happened with TA and Liberty-Bedford in 3C. TA was originally in and Liberty out only to be flip flopped hours later. This is extremely disappointing for the kids and inexcusable by the VHSL.
Yes someone should have checked this before posting

Go back to district meaning something and less problems with math. Win you are in. Lose you are out.

The hard fact is that me, or you, or any of us fans can only gripe when the VHSL dodges accountability when mistakes are made.

The VHSL members, which are represented by the school principals and their ADs, are the ones with a true voice. They need to let it be known, in private and in open meetings, that poor job performance by paid members of the VHSL can not be tolerated. It's a public embarrassment to the schools they represent.

Excellence is emulated. But so is sub-standard performance.

I had no idea this went beyond like Byrd/Cville, really crappy what happened to those borderline seed teams. Inexcusable to say the least, the determinations are so basic there's zero reason to ever get it wrong and why in god's name wouldn't you have a second person just to double check?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT