ADVERTISEMENT

Breakout stars in '15?

T

TBone

Lake Taylor won the "chip," but a lot graduates from a squad that grabbed two titles in three years, but then again, LT only reloads.

- Doesn't Salem have some holes to fill?
- Will someone from GW Danville ring out across the state?
- Dinwiddie was young last year according to my aunt, but will this be the year names are made on Friday nights?
- Will Great Bridge's move down increase a name watch for that program?

School me.

He should get some D1 offers. He's got good size and speed. His stats were good last year considering he was one of 3 guys getting significant carries. Clayborne should have a big year too. He's got great speed, but his size will probably limit his offers.

Hunter Thomas, tailback at Pulaski Co is extremely quick. Should have a break out junior season.

GW is bringing back a pile of skill position players and a couple D-1 players on the D-Line in Curtis Brooks (being recruited by some big time schools), Anthony Long, and Maleak Henderson (Memphis or Cincinnati probably). Watch out for the new QB Sam Branch (Tre). He's a rising sophomore but I think he's going to pick up where Offensive Player of the Year Hunter Byrnes left off.

I'll help you out with LT

LT Graduation losses
Offense:
Johnson QB
Quinerly WR
Hinton TE
Williams OL
Hawkins RB

Defense:
Poole OLB
Johnson ILB
Yancey ILB
Quinerly DB

I guess that's a lot from the outside looking in.

Re: I'll help you out with LT

He kind of broke out last year, but Clayton Cheatham from Hanover will probably get a lot of notice. Besides his football skills, I deduced something else. Field leadership. When he was out for a few games, Hanover struggled. When he came back they played much better team football.

Danny, you are as familiar with Hanover as any poster on here. What do you think?

Devils, I mean this with respect, seriously, good riddance to those guys. Especially Quinerly. You know Salem is glad he is gone.

But, we all know you have talent stacked up just waiting for their turn. Congratulations and best wishes to thoses seniors.

BTW, which ones of those seniors are on your basketball team?

LOL!!! As far as the basketball team goes there are 3 football players this year after having none last year Daz Palmer (rb/db #2) JT Wahee (cb #4) and Jo Bryant freshman who is one of the leading scorers on the team was the JV QB this year and lead them to an undefeated season and will probably be the QB next season. Dad is on staff and he grew up in the program.

Good deal. I see you are having a great season. Keep it up. And, can you send us a few bottles of the water those boys drink? It's got to be in the water, or something. You grow atheletes like my garden grows weeds.

Battlefield has some young talent that could be special next year...

King George has WR/DB Jordan Aley can absolutely fly.

At Courtland Jeremy Hokenson was budding into a star until he went down with a knee injury. If he is 100% he will be a player next year.

Spotsy to spite being a doormat has a stud in Michael Shelton who is an FB/LB, I believe he missed time with injury too.

Chancellor has that dynamic duo with QB Jason Brown and WR EJ Jenkins, luckily we have Nick and Jabari to match EJ's size again but those 2 are a great combo at Chancellor.

Caroline always has athletes, hopefully a stable coaching staff will allow those kids to shine going forward.

JayEm, we'll see who they have transfer in, no doubt they'll be featured. They got to replace Eura and Johnson,

How did things turn out for the kids that left Caroline last year? I think they lost 3 to other schools? One was that record setting receiver. Where did he go? Didn't one go to Courtland?

Originally posted by DinwiddieProud:
How did things turn out for the kids that left Caroline last year? I think they lost 3 to other schools? One was that record setting receiver. Where did he go? Didn't one go to Courtland?
Keyshawn Johnson and at least one of the other two left for JM.

Did Johnson have another 1000 yard season at James Monroe?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT