ADVERTISEMENT

Brilliant or incredibly stupid....

Oct 21, 2019
The Glenvar coach will be viewed as brilliant or incredibly stupid. I'm not sure it was a good idea to piss off Cormany. I personally think it is unfortunate that he is shutting out a whole bunch of fans for both teams because Danville is too far away for some to travel and on a school night. Radford moved an SOL scheduled for Wed morning because of it. It could have been at Roanoke College right in Glenvar's backyard. The process for choosing sites for Region 2C is broken and needs to be reviewed.

https://www.roanoke.com/sports/high...cle_cad63974-f496-5fb9-8b34-37b89b260bf5.html

Reactions: oreodogg18
The article about Carlick Jones was fantastic, a very good read. He has ice water in his veins late in games for RU. Very fun to watch and has improve his game a ton, especially from three.

Stupid. He shouldn’t be coaching kids. Told the football players something like don’t expect playing time if you don’t give up football. After all the press about kids being better off not playing one sport year round, and then saying something like that. Sad.

Reactions: RadfordCat
Stupid. He shouldn’t be coaching kids. Told the football players something like don’t expect playing time if you don’t give up football. After all the press about kids being better off not playing one sport year round, and then saying something like that. Sad.
Considering Glenvar had less than 50 fans there he just hurt his fans and parents more than he hurt Radford. I hadn't heard about the one sport only thing but knew there were some decent athletes at Glenvar that didn't play this year so that makes more sense now. At small schools, you need all the athletes you can get.

Definitely stupid. Roanoke College is practically in your backyard and you would rather travel 3 hours by bus on a school night. Now they get to go to Bristol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT