ADVERTISEMENT

Broad Run 56 Urbana (MD) 7

otnorot

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Aug 31, 2006
Urbana was a huge Maryland powerhouse 20 years ago, won something like 50 games in a row. That was a long time ago but they were 3-0 coming into this game. They would be Class 5 in Virginia.

I think Broad Run's starting offense scored on every possession. Griffis made a few impressive throws after escaping heavy pressure and they converted a number of first or second and long situations where holding penalties had put them in a whole. Very impressive performance. Urbana marched down the field for a touchdown on their first possession, mostly through the air, and while Broad Run was able to keep them off the scoreboard after that, there was a long touchdown pass right before halftime that was called back for offensive pass interference, and another big pass early in the second half. BR shut down Urbana's running back who had been having big games.

Doubt anyone will challenge Broad Run until they play Stone Bridge the last week of the season.

Loudoun County will challenge Broad Run. They have the scheme and the athletes to pose a problem.

Broad Run and Tuscarora will meet in the playoffs to see who plays EC Glass or Salem

I don't see anyone challenging Broad Run/Tuscarora, but I do think GW could challenge for the semifinals. It's all about the seeding and matchups.
I have them 3rd right now but that's why they play the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT