ADVERTISEMENT

Brody Meadows, Graham, receives offer from WVU

Congrats to him! Still has his senior season ahead of him.
I know my son said that Meadows was the best he had played against.

Congrats to him! Still has his senior season ahead of him.
I know my son said that Meadows was the best he had played against.
I believe he was only a Soph this year. He graduates in 2022 so I think he has 2 football seasons to go! He started as a Freshman. He's 6'7" 295!!

Brody has also been offered this week by the University of Tennessee and Georgia Tech.

He now holds offers from:
WVU
Tennessee
Georgia Tech
ODU
Temple
Toledo
Maryland
Rutgers
Marshall
Purdue
UVA

Brody will be a junior this upcoming season.

I believe he was only a Soph this year. He graduates in 2022 so I think he has 2 football seasons to go! He started as a Freshman. He's 6'7" 295!!
Wow! I knew that but forgot. What a blessed young man!

Also - yesterday Graham’s Xavion Turner-Bradshaw received his first D1 offer from Kansas. Xavion is the son of former Graham RB Ahmad Bradshaw, who was a standout RB for the NY Giants during their two super bowl victories.

As a slot receiver/returner, a recent article said that Xavion had 11 touchdowns called back due to penalties this past season.

This will make the 4th straight year that Graham has has multiple players with D1 offers on their team.

update as of today* - Marshall U has offered Xavion too

Last edited:
Reactions: Bo Bob
It's great to list offers for Meadows (upcoming junior) and Bradshaw (upcoming junior), but it's going to be a long thread if we do because Meadows will be a High School All-American his senior year. He was on the freshmen first team All American team. He's that good. He will pretty much play where he wants.

Bradshaw/Turner is looking more like his dad everyday, or at least looked more like his dad with every game played. He's a freak. He's big-time. I thought he had 12 called back, but he had two called back on Bluefield and two on Appo, and those defenses were lightening fast, but even with a penalty, the athleticism and explosiveness is obvious. The kid is simply on another level. He will also have major, major D1 offers (BCS conference offers), but Meadows is just stupid talented.

Way early talking about only a current sophomore, but I think Meadows is so good that it would actually be a shock to me if he didn't make the NFL. Excluding injuries of course, but he's just an anomaly. When all said and done, he will be the best offensive lineman to come out of far Southwest VA since Mike Compton (WVU first team All American, and 10 year NFL starter, and four times finishing runner up for the ALL PRO team.)

Meadows is a special player, for sure. He was dominating people as a freshman. There is a lineman from Welch, WV coming up. He is either an upcoming 8th grader or freshman that will be one to watch. Kid was named MVP of a National All-Star game and is a lineman. I think he is a nephew to Graham's strength coach. I look forward to see him play in the area. As for Bradshaw. You could see him just ready to break out last year, as the year progressed, he just kept getting better and better. I do believe he was Graham's best option against a very talented Appo team and he didn't get the ball in his hands enough in that game. When he did make a play, it seemed to be negated by penalty most of the time. It was a shame that he got so many td's called back last season. A lot of those penalties were bone-headed mistakes by team-mates who threw an illegal block after Bradshaw had already breezed by them. A few were 20 yards away from the ball carrier, it was very frustrating to watch. Graham could make a run again this fall, but next fall should be their best chance to make a deep run.... The offense lately has been capable of putting up points, replacing those players on defense will be the most difficult for Graham. Obviously replacing Lester at QB will be difficult, but Graham will have a couple of play-makers to help soften that blow.

I hope this season happens, I'm interested to see how they come along. I'm also interested to see how the Tazewell Bulldogs do this year, they will be loaded with talent. Not sure if they step up to the level of Graham, Bluefield, Richlands in the area however...

Last edited:
Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Graham will be good, but not as good as the last two years. Could they win the region? Yes, but that would be a very big upset in my opinion.

The favorite is clearly Central. When considering what they return, they will be and should be the favs. Also, do not be surprised if Gate City finishes in the top 4. Houseright is sharp and he will get the best out of his players. If Tazewell can stay healthy, they have a legitimate chance not just to finish second, but they could possibly win the region.

I got Central first, and Tazewell and Richland's battling it out for second, with Graham, Union, Ridgeview and Gate City fighting for fourth. Wouldn't be surprised if Graham, Union, or Richland's bust out to an 8-2 type season. One of these 3 will be much better than what may be expected preseason and by game 13, if one of these three won the region, it wouldn't be a huge shocker based on the history of all three schools. The doubt about Richland's is the loss of Head Coach Greg Mance. Historically, programs often take a dip after years of great success with a legendary coach before they rise up to glory again. But, Richland's has always had the bigs up front and if they play old school run oriented Richland's football, they could be a problem.

I agree about Tazewell having enough talent to win the region. I don't see them beating Graham or Richlands in the district, unless they start preparing as hard as Graham and Richlands do. Not saying they don't prepare well, don't get me wrong, just got to take it to that next level. I think they are capable of going to that next level this season, would love to see it happen and have all 3 Tazewell County Schools at the top of 2A.

Ridgeview will finish first or second in the power points as they typically seem to do these last few years simply because they have the Kentucky power point providers in Shelby Valley and Pikeville on the schedule. That's roughly 28 rider points right there alone. If they beat Central, they'll finish first, if not they'll finish second. That being said, we're probably not the first or second best team in the region, I am just saying that's where we'll be seeded.

Brody has also been offered this week by the University of Tennessee and Georgia Tech.

He now holds offers from:
WVU
Tennessee
Georgia Tech
ODU
Temple
Toledo
Maryland
Rutgers
Marshall
Purdue
UVA

Brody will be a junior this upcoming season.
UVa young man

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT