ADVERTISEMENT

brookville

jfcav1

VaPreps Rookie
Nov 14, 2014
Haven't seen them play yet this year. I always love the rivalry! Will they give us some good work this week has anybody seen them?

Haven't seen them play yet this year. I always love the rivalry! Will they give us some good work this week has anybody seen them?
I only saw them in a scrimmage with MV/Salem. I was pretty impressed with the QB. Once the season started I thought they could give JF a game. Then they let Amherst come back and beat them. Then Liberty beat them and I think that sealed the deal for me. I don't see Brookville hanging with JF even in a rivalry game. That's just my two cents.

Brookville has taken a few steps back---my guess is they have suffered some injuries. JF should win easily

Brookville is banged up, some players got hurt against Amherst. That's why they've started giving up points all of a sudden. The defense I watched earlier in the season wouldn't give up close to 30 Amherst points.

Brookville is banged up, some players got hurt against Amherst. That's why they've started giving up points all of a sudden. The defense I watched earlier in the season wouldn't give up close to 30 Amherst points.
Amherst also started passing and scored quickly

Seems like that most of that vaunted defense played against Amherst, not so sure about Liberty, amazing the competition increases and their defense looks average.

Seems like that most of that vaunted defense played against Amherst, not so sure about Liberty, amazing the competition increases and their defense looks average.
Amherst outplayed them in the 4th but I am surprised they lost to Liberty

JF by 30 easily..Brookville is on a down spiral for the next 4-5 years..I just think this is the last of them being a State Contender..

Did you watch that game against Amherst HoosFan05?Brookville was healthy as you can be throughout that game..Amherst started throwing against Brookville in 2nd half which Brookvillle couldn't stop...Brookville is slightly overrated by some of you by name recognition..Amherst only have 4 seniors that plays significant minutes on both sides of the ball,so they've gotten better as the season progress..Amherst J.V had Brookville by 45 in 3rd quarter,so I think you've seen the best out of Brookville for 4-5 years..I think we can compete with anyone in 4A besides Salem,LT and J.F..

JF by 30 easily..Brookville is on a down spiral for the next 4-5 years..I just think this is the last of them being a State Contender..
Coach Meeks isn't a great coach in my opinion but we shall see. Just like I expect the Liberty Bealeton coach to be gone in a couple years as well. Brooke Point coach Tommy Buzzo will return to Liberty mark my words!

Did you watch that game against Amherst HoosFan05?Brookville was healthy as you can be throughout that game..Amherst started throwing against Brookville in 2nd half which Brookvillle couldn't stop...Brookville is slightly overrated by some of you by name recognition..Amherst only have 4 seniors that plays significant minutes on both sides of the ball,so they've gotten better as the season progress..Amherst J.V had Brookville by 45 in 3rd quarter,so I think you've seen the best out of Brookville for 4-5 years..I think we can compete with anyone in 4A besides Salem,LT and J.F..
One of their players got hurt in that game but they were healthy. Amherst started throwing and that was the key. They also stopped Brookville from getting first downs and then Amherst would score

Yes, I do remember this. There were actually posters here that thought the Bee Defense was the best in the State of VA. Reality checks are often tough to take but it does make for more posters with perspective.

Reactions: OCBoy
Yes, I do remember this. There were actually posters here that thought the Bee Defense was the best in the State of VA. Reality checks are often tough to take but it does make for more posters with perspective.
Yes one guy even told me that Amherst would be lucky if they scored 10 points. I responded back to him and asked him how did 20 sound in the last quarter, he didn't respond back

Th
Yes one guy even told me that Amherst would be lucky if they scored 10 points. I responded back to him and asked him how did 20 sound in the last quarter, he didn't respond back
this has been a special year for you Wikki. The boys have really made you proud. Congratulations by the way. How are the knickers? They should be framed and hanging in the hallway but now. You're still my fav. A total fan that can still remain objective and really knows her football.

I want reports. Keep me informed of what you think of the teams you're seeing. As much as I appreciate some other posters, you are my best team and talent evaluation source. GL to the Lancers in the playoffs. I have to say, of all the West teams, I'm rooting for Pulaski the most this year but you're a solid #2. These are not pickem' choices. They're fan choices.

Last edited:
Coach Meeks isn't a great coach in my opinion but we shall see. Just like I expect the Liberty Bealeton coach to be gone in a couple years as well. Brooke Point coach Tommy Buzzo will return to Liberty mark my words!

OC, why do you think Liberty coach will be gone? They went to the state semi's last year and Buzzo is 8-1 at Brooke Point, don't think he likes it there? Just trying to see what you are thinking on the topic.

Brookville's JV was without its starting QB, 4 starting WRs, TE, and top 2 RB's. JV scores can be very misleading if you do not know all of the facts.

Th

this has been a special year for you Wikki. The boys have really made you proud. Congratulations by the way. How are the knickers? They should be framed and hanging in the hallway but now. You're still my fav. A total fan that can still remain objective and really knows her football.

I want reports. Keep me informed of what you think of the teams you're seeing. As much as I appreciate some other posters, you are my best team and talent evaluation source. GL to the Lancers in the playoffs. I have to say, of all the West teams, I'm rooting for Pulaski the most this year but you're a solid #2. These are not pickem' choices. They're fan choices.
Thanks Shauntair, remember I don't wear knickers, lol. I love high school football especially the Lancers. I love Friday nights. I hope Amherst makes the playoffs but if LCA knocks Amherst out you will hear me scream. I will let you know what I think for the state game because Amherst is hosting again so I get to watch both games and cook

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
JV BEES 62 JF 54 !!! Finally got some back for the last game . Bees are going to be hard to stop the nesxt 3 years just wait .

JV BEES 62 JF 54 !!! Finally got some back for the last game . Bees are going to be hard to stop the nesxt 3 years just wait .
One thing I've learned on the board over the years is tHat folks who predict the future based on JV performance are almost always wrong. Rate the program with JV success. Consistent and good teams are the goal. Hard to stop or something special is about 90% inaccurate. More rose colored glasses.

2A Appomattox is going to give Amherst all they want friday night .
Agree. I've noted these guys this year. They're good. Lancers are probably too strong physically ovEr the course of the game and should take it but underestimating the Raiders would be a mistake.

Looks like they are going to have a hard time stopping teams also. What is this JV Basketball scores? I guess they just skip defense altogether at JF on all levels.

Reactions: mike salem
OC, why do you think Liberty coach will be gone? They went to the state semi's last year and Buzzo is 8-1 at Brooke Point, don't think he likes it there? Just trying to see what you are thinking on the topic.
Finnerty is an average coach and Liberty doesn't do average. Next year they might fail to get 6 wins. Buzzo lives in Culpeper and would jump at getting back to liberty without a doubt

One thing I've learned on the board over the years is tHat folks who predict the future based on JV performance are almost always wrong. Rate the program with JV success. Consistent and good teams are the goal. Hard to stop or something special is about 90% inaccurate. More rose colored glasses.
Shauntclair it will be hard to replace 28 seniors next year and don't you think LCA will be looming around the Brookville area?I know former players for Brookville and they say the same thing but we all could be wrong..Beating J.F J.V isn't a huge feat..

Agree. I've noted these guys this year. They're good. Lancers are probably too strong physically ovEr the course of the game and should take it but underestimating the Raiders would be a mistake.
Amherst had many problems tonight

Amherst had many problems tonight
Appo is good and I knew it,but to play like that is really sad...I will be at Amherst High tomorrow for Eastern Championships and I will be curious to what people think..

Appo is good and I knew it,but to play like that is really sad...I will be at Amherst High tomorrow for Eastern Championships and I will be curious to what people think..
I can't explain it not sure what happened just did not look like the Team from the last two weeks. The first score for Appomattox was from a bad punt, not a good way to start. On another note the worst bleachers I have ever sat on. Everyone was complaining.

I can't explain it not sure what happened.

Appomattox is the real deal there defense has impressed me holding Amherst offense to 7 points . That's no easy task . There explosive

Appomattox must not have brought their "A" game to Gretna. They beat Gretna 34-0 or something like that, but I was not overly impressed with them, compared to what I had heard.

Appomattox must not have brought their "A" game to Gretna. They beat Gretna 34-0 or something like that, but I was not overly impressed with them, compared to what I had heard.
They will not win states, Amherst QB went out with an injury also and he has been successful in bringing Amherst back in several games. They definitely would have scored more with him in the game but not win. Just my opinion

They will not win states, Amherst QB went out with an injury also and he has been successful in bringing Amherst back in several games. They definitely would have scored more with him in the game but not win. Just my opinion
Appomattox is probably going to be the only state champion in this area. I have seen Appomattox on several occasions this season and I would put them up against anybody in this area. Every team they have played they have put up crazy numbers on defense. With all the talent at Amherst you should have had plenty of depth to have kept you in the game. That defense whooped your butts last night and there is no excuse you can use to take away from that kind of defensive performance. I think they held Amherst to under 100 yards of total offense I could be wrong but if they got over 100 yards of offense it wasn't much more than that. Injuries area apart of the game the last time I checked. Part of the injuries could be Appo. lays the wood when they tackle. The only thing I have questioned about Appomattox is was their offense good enough to win a state title and their offense has gotten better every week. They played a tough schedule this season also. Beating Rustburg and Amherst in the same season is no small feat. Both Amherst and Rustburg has the talent to win a couple of games in the playoffs. So I am not real sure what you saw last night that would make you think they do not have a legitimate chance of winning a state title in 2A.

Reactions: VolNation85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT