ADVERTISEMENT

Bull Run District...

white&blue

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Apr 22, 2009
Madison Co and Strasburg advance in the Region tournament with wins over Shenandoah District foes. Congratulations to both teams and good luck. The BRD has been strong all year but has gotten little "ink". All those tough BRD games has proven very beneficial once outside of the district.

Madison has a good mixture of youth and experience starting 4 seniors, 3 juniors, 1 sophomore and 1 freshmen. Madison last advanced this far in 2009 when they made it to the state quarterfinals over in Tappahannock. Win or lose Wednesday v. Nandua, Coach Londrey has this program heading in the right direction. Strasburg is always a tough out for anybody. Coach Smoot always gets the most from his team and they seldom, if ever, beat themselves..

This post was edited on 6/3 8:59 AM by Houser1

The Bull Run may not get any "ink" but try finding any information about Page Co softball anywhere besides the local Page News Courier each Wednesday, if there. I believe the DNR has no clue where Page Co is located.

I get it...Madison's games were no where to be found in the Daily Progress or Star Exponent.
This post was edited on 6/3 5:15 PM by Houser1

This is cart before horse, and I no longer have a dog in this fight, but I am curious anyway. Is it correct that if Strasburg and Madison both win on Wednesday, that Madison actually gets to host the regional championship game?

The reason I am asking is because I had studied the brackets back before the regionals started and I also got confirmation from our AD that the brackets were all pre-determined without any consideration for ranking, season records, or whatever, and that all three nights of the regional playoffs were laid out in advance. If I understood correctly, it was pre-determined that the two Conference 33-34 teams that won last night (which we now know are Maggie Walker and Nandua) would get to host semi-final games on Wednesday. Next year that would then be reversed at that stage in the playoffs.

But going one step further, I thought it was also understood that the Friday game was pre-determined to be hosted by whatever team came out of the original Nandua bracket, so that is what leads to my question... if Madison does pull out a win over Nandua, and Strasburg also wins tomorrow, would the Mounties get to host or would they have to go back to Strasburg?

Under normal playoff procedures, a team with a higher record, etc. would get to host a regional final, and that would of course be the Rams. But if all this pre-planning was correct the way I understood it, then maybe Madison WOULD in fact host Friday. If it should come to that, the Strasburg fans might have every right to grumble if they have to go to Madison for such an important game.

Does anyone know for sure?

You are correct if they both win Strasburg goes to Madison. Either way it is baseball and you have to show up and play a full 7 innings. We had our worst defensive game at Madison and pulled out a win in Mountaineer land once. It will be tough but first thing is first Madison has to beat Nandua and Strasburg has to get past Maggie Walker. If that happens The Doman boy that pitched last night will pitch against Madison and when he pitched against Madison he took a no hitter to the 6th . Hope to see it happen that way I don't have to drive all the way to Nandua

Re: Gtown

Probably not. I mow some yards on the side and with graduation Friday and heading to Gtown over the weekend, I have some work that needs to be done. Wish I was though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT