4. Gate City. (4-2). 19.167
5. Union. (4-2). 18.333
6. Lee. (3-2). 18.2
7. Tazewell. (3-3). 16.5
8. Central. (2-3). 14.0
9. Richlands. (1-5). 12.833
10. Battle. (1-4). 12.6
11. Marion. (1-4) 11.2

Radford looks very tough and is clearly the best in Region C if not the state. Beat a very good Cburg team that had Salem on the ropes last night. Both Martinsville and Appo are clearly the surprise teams for different reasons. Glenvar seems to be the best coached team and gets better every week.

Reactions: toughy299
All 4 teams at the top of C are good.. here are the opponents records for all 4.

Martinsville 11-15
Appo 16-15
Radford 19-14
Glenvar 17-14

Any of the 4 on a given day can best the other. For Radford, one would think our most impressive win is Cburg, but with the way Gate City is playing now and the way we beat them, that appears to me to be more impressive.

See Martinsville's opponents don't even have a winning record and they just barely beat a winless GW-Danville team. They just can't be that good.

Reactions: AntGZee
I think Glenvar vs Radford is a 50-50 tossup game when we play them. I know Glenvar lost to Galax and Martinsville, but they lost to two very good teams in close games. Glenvar has exceptional talent on that team and they always seem to improve as the season goes on. Glenvar could give us problems. Hrsepasture, what's the deal with the Dogs this year? Is it coaching, enthusiasm in the program from the coaching, a ton of seniors? What's the reason for the improvement. And....you aren't falling me. I know the Dogs are legit this year.

I don't know much about Luray and Woodstock but as far as C and D go I think it comes down to Radford and RV. Radford's offense and QB remind me some of the 2018 Graham.

Reactions: toughy299
The Dogs have really over achieved this year. They have a bunch of kids who are working hard to make theirselves better. Start 3 freshmen on the o-line but we do have a little speed. We have an opportunistic defense, and a bend but don't break philosophy. At the start of the season we all thought 6-4 would be a good year, and I think we can achieve that now. All this talk about being a really good team is very premature in my opinion.

Reactions: AntGZee
I kind of hope it comes down to Graham instead of RV against the Region C champion 😂.
I don't want to be offensive to any other Region D team, but as a Radford guy, I hope it's anyone but Graham, If Radford were to go on and represent Region C. Lots of ball left and there are 4 legitimate teams that can win C this year

The Dogs have really over achieved this year. They have a bunch of kids who are working hard to make theirselves better. Start 3 freshmen on the o-line but we do have a little speed. We have an opportunistic defense, and a bend but don't break philosophy. At the start of the season we all thought 6-4 would be a good year, and I think we can achieve that now. All this talk about being a really good team is very premature in my opinion.
Well, the record speaks for itself and wins over Glenvar and GW isn't an easy task, so the Dogs got to be pretty dang good. Sounds like Martinsville is on the young side, so that sounds like a good future.

Reactions: Hokie1Pokie
I don't want to be offensive to any other Region D team, but as a Radford guy, I hope it's anyone but Graham, If Radford were to go on and represent Region C. Lots of ball left and there are 4 legitimate teams that can win C this year
There’s probably about 4 in Region D that could take it depending on the kind of game the other opponent plays. I clearly think RV & Graham are favorites. I’ll be interested to see how the Union & Ridgeview game shakes out this Friday. I think RV returned like 14 seniors. On paper they could win but on paper doesn’t matter when you step on the field.

Young in the line, most all the skilled positions are jrs or srs. It helps that we have 3/4's of the state championship 4×100 team in the backfield with the rb being the 100 meter state champion last year. We have more kids out this year program wise than we've had in a long time, which is a testament to the hard work the coaches have done. Hopefully we can win the games we're suppose to win and be competitive in the rest. It's good to see some excitement back at Dan Greene Stadium like it used to be in the 60's thru the 90's. Been a long time and much credit goes to Coach Martin and his staff, who are not only coaching but mentoring a team of kids who really need positive role models in their lives.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT