4. Virginia. (3-1). 18.000
5. Lee. (2-1). 16.333
6. Tazewell. (2-2). 15.750
7. Gate City. (2-2). 15.250
8. Central. (2-2). 14.000
9. Richlands. (1-3). 12.750
10. Battle. (1-3). 12.500
11. Marion. (1-3). 10.250

Thanks Hawk. However Nelson won over Cumberland last night 42 to 0.

Appo will win their last 6, or they should be big favorites. The combined records of the remaining 6 regular season teams is 5 wins and 18 losses. I think the Raiders finish the regular season 7-3.

Reactions: Stabler1980
Appo will win their last 6, or they should be big favorites. The combined records of the remaining 6 regular season teams is 5 wins and 18 losses. I think the Raiders finish the regular season 7-3.
Thats how i have it figured also.

Reactions: Stabler1980
I just don’t know , they just are really struggling in all parts .
Appomattox will easily win out in Dogwood at 7-3. Think Radford will be clear number one. Martinsville still has a lot of tough bigger district play but think they might stay at number 2. Alleghany and Chatham will go down when league play starts. They always schedule the easiest non district then drop out in district play. Glenvar Floyd and Appomattox will fight for 3-5 and I think Appo will finish ahead of at least one of those for fourth but possibly third. Only problem Appo will have is not recieving many points off a weak district this year. Just my opinion.

Appomattox will easily win out in Dogwood at 7-3. Think Radford will be clear number one. Martinsville still has a lot of tough bigger district play but think they might stay at number 2. Alleghany and Chatham will go down when league play starts. They always schedule the easiest non district then drop out in district play. Glenvar Floyd and Appomattox will fight for 3-5 and I think Appo will finish ahead of at least one of those for fourth but possibly third. Only problem Appo will have is not recieving many points off a weak district this year. Just my opinion.
Radford should be but.....if Glenvar were to run the table and finish 8-2, and Radford loses to Christiansburg this coming weekend, then Radford would come into the Glenvar game with 1 loss, and if Glenvar were to win that game, that puts both at 2 losses. If we beat Christiansburg this weekend, then the chances of being that 1 seed in C becomes very high and nearly a given, regardless of whether we were to lose to Glenvar. Basically, we need 1 of 2 against CBurg or Glenvar to likely nail down the 1 seed, assuming no catastrophe, injuries, etc.,

Reactions: oldfool2
Appomattox needs to buckle down and get on top of in school recruiting. Alot of talent walking the halls and not being recruited by coaches or players. Heck the coaches would not approach Tyler Gilliam couple years ago another player did. Look how he turned out.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
Appomattox needs to buckle down and get on top of in school recruiting. Alot of talent walking the halls and not being recruited by coaches or players. Heck the coaches would not approach Tyler Gilliam couple years ago another player did. Look how he turned out.
Dont assume they are not trying to get kids out. Some kids simply don't want to commit the time that is required to play a sport, let alone a sport that requires the time football does.

Parents allowing kids to quit is also an issue. SOME parents don't make a kid see things through anymore. The "you started it you gonna finish it" mentality is gone for some.
Not encouraging kids to play is another problem. Kids have the rest of their lives for some things and parents letting them just drop the sport for no real reason.

Kids want the glory and the rings but not all want to commit to weight room and conditioning that is required. Those drop out fast.

The coaches were after Tyler for some time but kids finally talked him into it.
He was special. Great vision, good speed, and knew how to get North with the ball.

Radford should be but.....if Glenvar were to run the table and finish 8-2, and Radford loses to Christiansburg this coming weekend, then Radford would come into the Glenvar game with 1 loss, and if Glenvar were to win that game, that puts both at 2 losses. If we beat Christiansburg this weekend, then the chances of being that 1 seed in C becomes very high and nearly a given, regardless of whether we were to lose to Glenvar. Basically, we need 1 of 2 against CBurg or Glenvar to likely nail down the 1 seed, assuming no catastrophe, injuries, etc.,
Do you even watch football?? Glenvar has already lost to Galax. Galax ONLY stayed within 3 TDS of Radford because they stood out and ran the clock out of every down. Radford is at home against Glenvar and WILL be heavily favored as they only lost by one on the final play of the game with BAYLOR as Qb. Landon currently has 17 TDS and 0 interceptions and multiple rushing Touchdowns. Baylor and the WR crew that catch everything that’s close. Woodard is coming on as a solid RB. Who do they have to beat and by how much for you to breakdown a game?? They win Friday, they will go 10-0. No if and buts. This is the team, I been watching Radford football (and others) for a long time. I have seen the Chester Blacks the Dana Palmers Kevin Sherman London Turner Lewis Ramsey the Dunbars Dontae Carter and they haven’t had anything like this.

Might as well hand Radford the state title according to your boastful posting. I apologize to all posters reading this board for this guy who doesn't represent all Radford fans. To your question, yes I watch football. I played it Radford and in college and was Lewis Ramsey's teammate. What you never touch on is our line play. It's very good, but there are teams at the Class 2 level that are BETTER than us on the line of scrimmage.

Do you even watch football?? Glenvar has already lost to Galax. Galax ONLY stayed within 3 TDS of Radford because they stood out and ran the clock out of every down. Radford is at home against Glenvar and WILL be heavily favored as they only lost by one on the final play of the game with BAYLOR as Qb. Landon currently has 17 TDS and 0 interceptions and multiple rushing Touchdowns. Baylor and the WR crew that catch everything that’s close. Woodard is coming on as a solid RB. Who do they have to beat and by how much for you to breakdown a game?? They win Friday, they will go 10-0. No if and buts. This is the team, I been watching Radford football (and others) for a long time. I have seen the Chester Blacks the Dana Palmers Kevin Sherman London Turner Lewis Ramsey the Dunbars Dontae Carter and they haven’t had anything like this.
You seem confident. I hope we win our regions & meet in the semi's. We will be more than happy to be your huckleberry.

I respect Graham. I’ve already watched Christiansburg play Abingdon. If Abingdon Qb wouldn’t thrown 3INTs they would have beaten Christiansburg. Gate City beat that same Abingdon team. I will keep a watch and see how Graham matches up to Galax. My comments were regular season. I do think if there was a time to run the board this season would be about as good as it gets. Feel free to read of my comments, I didn’t say anything about Graham

I respect Graham. I’ve already watched Christiansburg play Abingdon. If Abingdon Qb wouldn’t thrown 3INTs they would have beaten Christiansburg. Gate City beat that same Abingdon team. I will keep a watch and see how Graham matches up to Galax. My comments were regular season. I do think if there was a time to run the board this season would be about as good as it gets. Feel free to read of my comments, I didn’t say anything about Graham
If I’m reading this correctly, Radford will have no problem getting by Christiansburg? I don’t know anything about CBurg or Radford other than comments I read but I think CBurg beat Radford pretty handily last year. Did either lose a lot to graduation?

If I’m reading this correctly, Radford will have no problem getting by Christiansburg? I don’t know anything about CBurg or Radford other than comments I read but I think CBurg beat Radford pretty handily last year. Did either lose a lot to graduation?
Yea Cburg ran it up on them last year. Onside kicking already up big. New year, new teams. I'm sure Radford hasn't forgotten that and it will add fuel to fire. If Radford doesn't start slow they will be fine..imo. 2a playoffs are gonna be some great games.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT