ADVERTISEMENT

Call correct. Apperance bad

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
After reviewing the call on the goal line last night in the Salem Pulaski game, the officials got it right. However, the delay in making the call made it look suspect. The quarterback or any back can not move forward in a shift and then not get set. The quarterback for Pulaski got a rolling start and never got set before the snap. It was a wonder he didn't fumble. Pulaski still had a chance on 4th down but was thrown for a two yard loss. Salem then drove 93 yards without a pass to put the game away 21 3. Pulaski is much improved compared to the last few years. Their program seems to be making a comeback. However, based on some of the unsportsmanlike penalties they had they have some work to do to get where they want.

Reactions: Amgis
After reviewing the call on the goal line last night in the Salem Pulaski game, the officials got it right. However, the delay in making the call made it look suspect. The quarterback or any back can not move forward in a shift and then not get set. The quarterback for Pulaski got a rolling start and never got set before the snap. It was a wonder he didn't fumble. Pulaski still had a chance on 4th down but was thrown for a two yard loss. Salem then drove 93 yards without a pass to put the game away 21 3. Pulaski is much improved compared to the last few years. Their program seems to be making a comeback. However, based on some of the unsportsmanlike penalties they had they have some work to do to get where they want.
Review the play before that and let me know if you think the Pulaski Co RB scored. Looked like he dove and hit the pylon but his knee may have hit before then.

Review the play before that and let me know if you think the Pulaski Co RB scored. Looked like he dove and hit the pylon but his knee may have hit before then.
Would need camera on goal line and slow motion like they have in college. All I can say is the official was in position to make the call. If you were sitting on the Pulaski side you had no chance of seeing it

Reactions: FootballArmy
I had A clear view of his knee hitting the turf at the 2 yrd line. I was focused on the knee and didn’t see if he crossed the line at that moment or not. He may have. The ref had the best view because he was right on the goal line. I’m really surprised that no one mentioned the game clock on 0 well before Gladden snapped the ball on 4th down at the end of 1st

I posted a video highlights Salem/Pulaski Co., and from that video I would say it's more likely that it's his elbow hitting first but was the ball over first? Hard to say..... Doesn't matter now. Congrats to Salem. Best of luck to Salem, Blacksburg and Pulaski Co. in the playoffs.

Reactions: RKE Fan
I posted a video highlights Salem/Pulaski Co., and from that video I would say it's more likely that it's his elbow hitting first but was the ball over first? Hard to say..... Doesn't matter now. Congrats to Salem. Best of luck to Salem, Blacksburg and Pulaski Co. in the playoffs.
Yeah I watched it several times. Can’t get it to stop when the elbow hits and can’t tell if he might have been out of bounds. I thought his knee was down at the 2 but this angle looks like I was wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT