ADVERTISEMENT

Calling All Cars We have a Traffic Jam in Region B

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Well its getting interesting for the top dawgs in Region B. Every point counts as Louisa, Eastern View and Dinwiddie all won convincingly and remain undefeated.

Louisa (4-0) has scored at least 40 points in every game. They are averaging 46 ppg and giving up only 11 ppg. They have Western Albamarle next week and even though Hoos has his doubts as its a huge rivalry I believe Powhatan may have eased his concerns.

Monacan (4-0) beat Manchester last week and sat at home and rested this week. They are averaging 28 ppg and giving up 13 ppg. They have George Wythe next week and this one will not be close.

Eastern View (5-0) pounded Courtland this week and scored 50+ points for the fourth time in five games. They are averaging 51 ppg and giving up 11 ppg. They have Spotsylvania next week and will get another huge win.

Dinwiddie (4-0) has scored 60+ in three of four games and have done so on the ground. They are averaging 55 ppg and are giving up 18 ppg. They have a huge game next week with Class 6 Thomas Dale (3-1). This should be a low scoring and physical game. A win will put the Generals in great shape to be the #1 seed.

Patrick Henry-Ashland lost in overtime to Henrico tonight, so they drop out of contention for the #1 seed.

Car #1 Bmonape1, Car #2 Hoos, Car #'s 3 and 4 Culpepergrad and OCBoy, Car #'s 5 and 6 DP and DinGen53 please respond. Over and Out.

Last edited:
Reactions: CRF4Dan and OCBoy
Well its getting interesting for the top dawgs in Region B. Every point counts as Louisa, Eastern View and Dinwiddie all won convincingly and remain undefeated.

Louisa (4-0) has scored at least 40 points in every game. They are averaging 46 ppg and giving up only 11 ppg. They have Western Albamarle next week and even though Hoos has his doubts as its a huge rivalry I believe Powhatan may have eased his concerns.

Monacan (4-0) beat Manchester last week and sat at home and rested this week. They are averaging 28 ppg and giving up 13 ppg. They have George Wythe next week and this one will not be close.

Eastern View (5-0) pounded Courtland this week and scored 50+ points for the fourth time in five games. They are averaging 51 ppg and giving up 11 ppg. They have Spotsylvania next week and will get another huge win.

Dinwiddie (4-0) has scored 60+ in three of four games and have done so on the ground. They are averaging 55 ppg and are giving up 18 ppg. They have a huge game next week with Class 6 Thomas Dale (3-1). This should be a low scoring and physical game. A win will put the Generals in great shape to be the #1 seed.

Patrick Henry-Ashland lost in overtime to Henrico tonight, so they drop out of contention for the #1 seed.

Car #1 Bmonape1, Car #2 Hoos, Car #'s 3 and 4 Culpepergrad and OCBoy, Car #'s 5 and 6 DP and DinGen53 please respond. Over and Out.
Definitely looks interesting... that Dale at Dinwiddie game will be a huge game for Dinwiddie. If Dinwiddie wins it should prime them for the 1 seed. If Monacan runs the table it will be very tight between the two for the top seed. EV should go 10-0 and Louisa should go 10-0 possibly 9-1. It will be top heavy in that 1-8 bracket. I'm just trying to think after Patrick Henry who else could fill the other 3 seeds. I look for Courtland to get it together and go 4-6 or 5-5 and make the playoffs.
Playoff locks: Monacan Dinwiddie EV Louisa Patrick Henry

THat is what we should talk about... Who are the other 3 playoff teams? Let me hear it

Reactions: OCBoy
Actually, from what I saw last night, this Western game just became even more important. The Albemarle score is very misleading. The score was 12-6 at halftime, and if Albemarle could get out of their own way, the outcome might be different. Louisa was very sloppy, rusty from the bye week, or whatever you wanna call it, in the first half.

Folks have to see Western/Louisa games in person to understand how I feel. Western's kids always play against Louisa with an extra gear, their staff outcoaches Louisa in schemes/fundamentals and play calling more often than not, and we're dealing with injuries again. The Powhatan loss is irrelevant to me, Western also has injuries and will be prepared, and Louisa will have to be ready.

The thought of Caroline, KG, Courtland limping into the playoffs makes my stomach turn. I'd rather see Hanover or Midlothian but one of those 3 teams I mentioned might even have a winning record which is brutal. To think that JR tucker beat Caroline 42-7 and they could be a playoff team is unsettling.

The thought of Caroline, KG, Courtland limping into the playoffs makes my stomach turn. I'd rather see Hanover or Midlothian but one of those 3 teams I mentioned might even have a winning record which is brutal. To think that JR tucker beat Caroline 42-7 and they could be a playoff team is unsettling.
I remember the "old" days when only 4 teams qualified. Yes, a few times very deserving teams got left out but a whole bunch of teams that were undeserving were appropriately left out. Is eight the right number or is it six or the old four. I guess the answer which I don't have is how many seeds 5 and below for each region in 4A since the expansion have made the quarterfinals, semifinals and finals. The answer anyone?

I think 8 is right it is just a bad year as a good example for 8

Reactions: RVA804
Usually the battlefield is not as down as it is this year but is flat out bad. The JD is normally not real strong but overall they are better minus the Flucos. I forgot a few weeks ago Eastern View is in the battlefield and they will go 10-0 unless injury bug gets them. If the top 4 stay undefeated I think most likely it will be dinwiddie, Monacan as the top two. Eastern view and Louisa will be a real close fight for 3rd spot. Still l alot of football to play.

Reactions: mbonape1
I remember the "old" days when only 4 teams qualified. Yes, a few times very deserving teams got left out but a whole bunch of teams that were undeserving were appropriately left out. Is eight the right number or is it six or the old four. I guess the answer which I don't have is how many seeds 5 and below for each region in 4A since the expansion have made the quarterfinals, semifinals and finals. The answer anyone?
I remember those too! Talk about brutal. In 2004 the then Region 3, Division 4 playoffs had four teams make the playoffs. The top three seeds were 10-0 and the fourth seed (Liberty Bedford) was 9-1 having only loss to top seed Heritage. Amherst was 8-2 (loss to Heritage and Liberty-Bedford) that year and they were left out of the playoffs.

I would say 6, but I'm okay with 8. Personally I'd prefer to see a poorer team in than a very good team left out. Better yet, let's shorten the season by two games and put everyone in! Play out a consolation bracket for the earlier losers until they get to 10 games. Winners keep moving on.

I would say 6, but I'm okay with 8. Personally I'd prefer to see a poorer team in than a very good team left out. Better yet, let's shorten the season by two games and put everyone in! Play out a consolation bracket for the earlier losers until they get to 10 games. Winners keep moving on.
That's a unique idea. Sounds interesting.

I definitely agree with taking a weak team vs leaving out a good team. I loved the first year when it was 16 teams. Sure, there were some pretty ugly matchups, but I'll bet you won't find a coach or player that regrets making the playoffs, even as 16-15-14 seed.

And there is always the chance of the upset. I think it was 2014 when Waynesboro won a couple of games from the 15th seed?

I'm waiting for the day when a #16 seed beats a #1 seed in the NCAA basketball tournament. You think that would screw up a few brackets?!?!

That's a unique idea. Sounds interesting.

I definitely agree with taking a weak team vs leaving out a good team. I loved the first year when it was 16 teams. Sure, there were some pretty ugly matchups, but I'll bet you won't find a coach or player that regrets making the playoffs, even as 16-15-14 seed.

And there is always the chance of the upset. I think it was 2014 when Waynesboro won a couple of games from the 15th seed?

I'm waiting for the day when a #16 seed beats a #1 seed in the NCAA basketball tournament. You think that would screw up a few brackets?!?!
Waynesboro upset Hidden Valley

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT