ADVERTISEMENT

Calling All Region C experts

mbonape1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2015
I noticed for the first time that there are still 4 undefeated's in C, a one loss, and 2 - two loss teams. Is this still a 6 team playoff region? I hope not.

Also, what is the deal with Liberty Bealeton? Impressive start! Is this primarily scheduling or are they a real player to really compete in C?

Anyone in the know want to share a POV of each team in the region that might be playoff bound?

Reactions: freeatlast2013
I noticed for the first time that there are still 4 undefeated's in C, a one loss, and 2 - two loss teams. Is this still a 6 team playoff region? I hope not.

Also, what is the deal with Liberty Bealeton? Impressive start! Is this primarily scheduling or are they a real player to really compete in C?

Anyone in the know want to share a POV of each team in the region that might be playoff bound?
Reg C takes 8, but it's not by points. Top 4 in the district games from the Dulles and the Top 4 from the district games in the NWD qualify. Ties are broken by the head to head matchup, or in the case of a 3 way tie, points will be used.

Reactions: freeatlast2013
Broad Run: No huddle offense and a GREAT QB, It is a machine. VERY GOOD defense (10 PPG) allowed.
Top players: Griffis (QB), Miner and Busser (WR), Allison and Dyson (LB).
Weakness: Running game.
Tuscarora: Balanced offense. GOOD QB, TB, and WR's. GOOD defense (11 PPG) allowed. GOOD kicking game.
Top players: Gick (QB), Gilyard and Upp (WR), Fitz (DL), Haveland (LB), Marquez (CB).
Weakness: Penalties.
Loudoun County: GOOD Wr's and a VERY GOOD LB corp. GREAT kicking game.
Top players: Groves (LB/WR), Kibble and Sims (WR), Lokey and Stringfield (LB).
Weaknesses: Running Game
Loudoun Valley: Blue collar offense. GOOD defense that is physical!
Top players are mostly on the defensive side of the ball. #71 is a MAN!
Weakness: Explosiveness at the skill positions

I think any of these four are better than any of the four coming out of the Northwestern. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I think Millbrook is slightly better than Loudoun Valley, but I accept your premise of Dulles superiority.

And as for Liberty Bealeton, it is both a good start, and they have also played some of the weaker parts of their schedule early. The next four weeks will be tougher tests, but they could win them all, or lose them all.

I'd probably give Broad Run the edge in 4c. Outside a close game with Tusky in week 1, they have taken care of business.

Tuscarora is a good team but I'm not sold they are a championship contender. I'm trying to understand how they narrowly escaped Woodgrove 13-12 when in the following week they handled Musselman (WV) 35-0. Musselman destroyed Woodgrove just a couple weeks ago 48-28.

I get it that Tusky and Woodgrove are rivals but the beating Musselman put on Woodgrove didn't add up to me. Maybe Tuscarora has some weaknesses Woodgrove was able to exploit?

Woodgrove did not have its stud TB KJ Lewis when they played Musselman and as I stated above Tuscarora’s biggest problems are penalties and that was again the case in the Tusky/Woodgrove game. Tuscarora held Musselman’s stud TB Blake Hartman to 39 yards and that dude has gone off on everyone else this year. Tusky seems to get in its own way every game and still throttles people. If they fix the penalties they can win the whole thing. If they don’t it will cost them in the playoffs.

Sherando vs Liberty tonight at Sherando. Huge game for both teams.

A chance for Liberty to prove they are for real and a legit threat in the region

A chance for Sherando to shake off two early losses and gain momentum to finish the season strong.

Heavy playoff implications with this one.

Daaaaaaang these officials at Kettle Run ain't playin! Almost every big play has been called back for holding, including a beautiful TD pass by Wilson. I've counted at least 5 holding calls on big plays and TDs. Still 16-0 though at half, but this is disgraceful! @blackknight_pride this is worse than Western Albemarle games!

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Daaaaaaang these officials at Kettle Run ain't playin! Almost every big play has been called back for holding, including a beautiful TD pass by Wilson. I've counted at least 5 holding calls on big plays and TDs. Still 16-0 though at half, but this is disgraceful! @blackknight_pride this is worse than Western Albemarle games!

No wayyyyyy...those Western refs are paid half a million a year

Reactions: LionNation540
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT