ADVERTISEMENT

Cave Spring/Graham

I headed over to that scrimmage. The Graham offense was pretty sloppy but had some big plays. The QB play was real interesting as he made some throws that were some of more impressive ones I have seen but missed quite a few very open receivers as well. Sometimes not seeing the open receivers and sometimes with accuracy issues. Also, threw a really bad interception in the end zone when they were driving. Threw some really nice deep balls and was a very good athlete when running. It looked like he could take off whenever he wanted and get a long gain.

The traditional running game for Graham was held in check pretty good. The starting Graham RB had a knee injury early in the scrimmage that looked like it might be pretty bad but I did at least see him walking on it after he got his pads off.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
I headed over to that scrimmage. The Graham offense was pretty sloppy but had some big plays. The QB play was real interesting as he made some throws that were some of more impressive ones I have seen but missed quite a few very open receivers as well. Sometimes not seeing the open receivers and sometimes with accuracy issues. Also, threw a really bad interception in the end zone when they were driving. Threw some really nice deep balls and was a very good athlete when running. It looked like he could take off whenever he wanted and get a long gain.

The traditional running game for Graham was held in check pretty good. The starting Graham RB had a knee injury early in the scrimmage that looked like it might be pretty bad but I did at least see him walking on it after he got his pads off.

Graham defense look stout? I've been told they'll be as good if not better than last year. What was your impression? Lester can run all day long. He has speed. They may need to try running game & passing as last option if they can.

27-0 Graham. Didnt get to go, couldnt get out of work in time. Did see a facebook post of the score. Graham Defense didnt allow a score in both scrimmages, good sign. Last year, the defense didnt gel until the 4th week of the season. Passing game against Glenvar was very sloppy too. Hope the RB for Graham is ok. I think the issues with the running game are due to the interior of that Offensive line being inexperienced . May need to switch some things up.

Graham defense look stout? I've been told they'll be as good if not better than last year. What was your impression? Lester can run all day long. He has speed. They may need to try running game & passing as last option if they can.
I agree. Getting Ray or Bradshaw to the edge and making Bluefields D line move laterally might be a good plan. The middle of our O-line is a weak area right now. I would roll Lester out away from Martin too and let him make plays with his feet with the option to pass.

Cave Spring’s offense didn’t do anything but it’s hard to gauge much off that. That is probably an 0-10 football team and they were missing their QB and best lineman.

Grahams qb accounted for 61 tds last season. 3rd all time in VHSL history, Graham has used the spread and thrown it around the yard for a few years now.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT