ADVERTISEMENT

Central District Class 3 Teams Start

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Good morning Class 3 and Central District fans. A lot of good news coming from South of the James on this Saturday. Class 3 Colonial Heights, Petersburg and Hopewell all won their games last night and the Central went 6-0 in out of district games. Three Central District teams are unbeaten as well: Thomas Dale, Matoaca, and Dinwiddie. To date, the Central has an ood overall record of 14-6 and only Prince George has a losing record.

From top to bottom I look for a very competitive Central District with the three Class 3 representatives being battle tested come playoff time. Can Hopewell, Colonial Heights, or Petersburg finish in the top three of the district and will they make a run in the playoffs.

@CHUKNOW @1Gensfan @DMVmonster @10iceiceice @DinwiddieProud @General172011 what's your take.

Watched Hopewell play last night against Lake Taylor they started slow but picked up the momentum after a Lake Taylor fumble. They've a three headed monster in quarterback Tatum, running back Hunt and receive Cook. They've quite a few freshmen and sophomores and some transfers in the lineup, once they get acclimated to the system I think they're going to be really good. But the district is tough with matoaca, Dinwiddie and Dale at the top can Hopewell, Colonial Heights and Petersburg beat one of those teams to shift the balance. Hopewell plays Dinwiddie in two weeks so we will get some answers from that game. Good luck teams.

The very thing that makes their record good so far will work against them. In some years where half the district is weak, the other half wins all their games and make the playoffs. This time around I’m afraid the district teams will beat each other up and diminish their seeding in the playoffs, or worse, cause good teams to just miss the playoffs.

But that’s ok. It’s good to be in a district that is so darn competitive. It’s good for football, good for the communities, and best of all, good for the kids.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Watched Hopewell play last night against Lake Taylor they started slow but picked up the momentum after a Lake Taylor fumble. They've a three headed monster in quarterback Tatum, running back Hunt and receive Cook. They've quite a few freshmen and sophomores and some transfers in the lineup, once they get acclimated to the system I think they're going to be really good. But the district is tough with matoaca, Dinwiddie and Dale at the top can Hopewell, Colonial Heights and Petersburg beat one of those teams to shift the balance. Hopewell plays Dinwiddie in two weeks so we will get some answers from that game. Good luck teams.
The question regarding Hopewell was their interior line play. How did they do last night @10iceiceice?

Petersburg always competes, has the athletes, but they just don't have the depth needed to beat the better teams or make a long run in the playoffs.

Hopewell has shown the ability to do both and always scares me. Not sure Hopewell can beat any of the top three teams in the Central, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. Dinwiddie will be coming off a tough game with the 2023 Class 5 state champion Maury, so the Generals need to come to play hard at Merner Field.

Last edited:
Reactions: DinwiddieProud
The interior line play wasn't to bad just too many false starts and some miss blocking assignments. But they'll need to continue to improve if they're going to compete with the top teams. Quarterback Tatum is legit if he gets the blocking to protect him and he gets the chemistry with his receiver's down they can be dangerous and he can run like a deer.

Talked to Tatum after the game honestly he's probably the fastest QB in the state and I'm saying that with all seriousness. He said he felt like the wind kept taking his passes and that he would be better next week. He was really upset about a late hit but him and hunt are a hard two to deny. I don't know I feel like this kid is definitely a hidden gem.

Talked to Tatum after the game honestly he's probably the fastest QB in the state and I'm saying that with all seriousness. He said he felt like the wind kept taking his passes and that he would be better next week. He was really upset about a late hit but him and hunt are a hard two to deny. I don't know I feel like this kid is definitely a hidden gem.
Tatum is a nice runner and sound player, but fastest QB in the state????? Are you speaking of Class 3 or the entire State of Virginia. I can name three players three qb's in Class 4 alone who I would think are as faster or faster (Phoebus, Varina, and Dinwiddie). Not throwing shade on Tatum. I guess we shall see in two weeks.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Can't argue with that. Dalton ran a 4.3 hand timed 40 at the Georgia camp and about the same at Alabama. Wyche from Varina is a jet. Not knocking Tatum at all. Would love to see Hopewell in Lynchburg for the finals.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
It's going to be a tough get. Maury has a ton of talent and depth. We have played two decent teams and made some mistakes on both sides of the ball. Will have to play virtually perfect to have a shot. We start a lot of talented youngens and they will have to grow up quickly. Thanks for the support. Good luck to all of the Central teams.

That would be a tall order for CH to finish in the top 3 especially this year! The central district is loaded and I am loving it! I feel like 5th would be a win for them. I will say if CH can let Bostic play QB the entire game pretty much like they did against Nottoway they can be competitive. I guess we are gonna find out Friday if the boys are ready to step up.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT