ADVERTISEMENT

Central High to get new stadium lights...................

NNDman

VaPreps All District
May 29, 2001
I'm talking about King & Queen Central. The program has been on the rise the last 4-5 years and the kids and program are deserving of this. It's my understanding they will be similar to the lights found at Essex and King William.
On another note, Mathews is not fielding a team this fall. I understand they are not even going to have a JV team. They need to get a real mover and shaker to lead that program and bring it back to life.

Man sad to hear Matthews dosent have a team , that program was the real deal. Hope they turn it around soon.

Reactions: Essex Trojan1
I'm talking about King & Queen Central. The program has been on the rise the last 4-5 years and the kids and program are deserving of this. It's my understanding they will be similar to the lights found at Essex and King William.
On another note, Mathews is not fielding a team this fall. I understand they are not even going to have a JV team. They need to get a real mover and shaker to lead that program and bring it back to life.
Do the kids that wanted to play get to play at a neighboring school?

I think they had that person in CJ Kelly. Ever since he was removed as head coach, they really haven't had a team. With him, they were taking their lumps, but he had the kids our for the team and they fought hard for him. I think that move by the powers that be at Mathews really set their program back many, many years as this is basically the 3rd year in a row that they haven't had a team

Yeah, as much as I liked adding those yellow face masks marks to my WP helmet hitting those MHS players, it sucks for those kids to not even have the opportunity to play. I suppose they reap what they sow. Not familiar with the details of Kelly’s removal, but surely no team wasn’t the goal by leadership. Sadly, that’s the result they got…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT