ADVERTISEMENT

Central Lunenburg

riversportsfan

VaPreps Rookie
Oct 16, 2012
I haven't heard much out of the fan base, which is kinda scary. They have their own system they run too and if it gets clicking then they can be tough. They got in a shootout with Franklin, but that was two good teams on that field. Franklin I know was hoping to make more noise this year as the 3 seed, but ran into a tough 2nd round game (first game for them, because of the bye in the first round). I am not saying that they will pull the upset, but it could be a good game. I know a lot of people see Riverheads as the favorite in the 1A, rightfully so as they have cruised through a tough schedule. Final 8 is so much fun.

The Chargers had been on a bit of a downturn over the past 5-10 years, but was a powerhouse in old Region B back in the 80s and 90s under Coach Chippie Chappell and I think these 2 teams played back around the dawn of the 2000s and had a great battle that ended on a last-second score by Riverheads.
It appears that the Valley will be "blessed" with 65 degrees and sunshine on Friday...perfect playoff weather. That goes too for Greensville County's visit from Emporia to the hills of western Augusta County to meet Buffalo Gap.

This will be a "rubber match" for Central and Riverheads. They met back in 1983 (during that Chappell era) in Lunenburg and the Chargers won big 47-6. Riverheads then won the game you referenced in 2000 by kicking a field goal on the final play to win 31-28. That game was tied at 7, 14, 21, and 28 before the Big Red pulled it out. They went on to finish 14-0 and win the state that year.

Riverheads wins big. Central cannot stop the run.
WOW I hope so but playoff time anyone cant beat anyone, riverheads will run run run that is what they do, casto will have them prepared, what kind of offense does central run, GO BIG RED

Just watched some film and Lunenburg poses different challenges than this team has faced. Should be interesting for sure. I don't think it's a blowout but I feel comfortable we can move the ball on them. In that case the question becomes can we get stops. I guess we will see Friday night. Safe travels to the players and fans.

Reactions: Bama1985
I think Central Lunenburg is one of those teams that can beat anybody in state or lose to anybody in state. They are always hard for me to predict.

Had to get away from that dead horse on the 2A board .
I don't see Central stopping Riverheads .I do see them scoring once or twice . 42 - 14 RHS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT