ADVERTISEMENT

Central VA is putting out NFL talent

anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b

VaPreps All Region
Aug 28, 2005
I was thinking today that after my favorite team, the Eagles, signed Christian Hackenburg, it makes me realize that Central VA has some modern NFL talent that is taking off at the same time.

Hackenburg is from Fluvanna, and played his freshman year there before moving on to FUMA. His little brother is competing for a starting QB job there now.

Rashard Davis was a speedster at Charlottesville, is also with the Eagles, and his teammates have been giving him a lot of props. I think he could become a household name, you can't teach speed like he has. His little brother Rakeem is following his footsteps at JMU, and is just as fast, if not faster.

Kerry Wynn of Louisa just extended his contract with the Giants, and has been getting more and more playing time.

Monticello's Michael Brown did a stint with the Jaguars.

Other players like Russell Wilson from Collegiate have turned out to be the league's best.

I just thought it was interesting how the schools in Central VA might not be packed with a bunch of stud teams, but some individual talent have made the most of their potential, and are helping put the area more on the map. Do you think it'll help the respective schools pick up in football interest and talent, and make them more of consistent state threats in general?

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Don’t forget Brookville’s Logan Thomas, Korren Kirven and DeShaun Foxx, LCA’s Bobby Massie, Hertiage’s Chris Cook, and William Campbell’s Cedric Peerman.

Thomas is playing TE for Buffalo.
Massie is OT for Chicago.
Kirven is OT for the Cowboys.
Foxx spent several years with Seattle.
Cook started CB for Minnesota and SF.
Peerman is a current free agent but was on an active roster 2009-2017.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT