ADVERTISEMENT

Chancellor 42 James River 7 FINAL Recap

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
Wet, sloppy field and the Chargers lost two fumbles early before they figured out they needed to hang on to the ball better. One of those lost fumbles was deep in JRs territory. Add one pick in the end zone later in the game and the Chargers lost the opportunity for 14 more. The D played an outstanding game though and except for one long pass they did all but shut down JR. From my stand point, JR just couldn't handle the speed and the Chargers gave them speed in the running game and in the air. And honestly, it could have been much worse than what the score board showed. The Chargers got rolling and just wouldn't be denied.

The bad ….. well, there is only one thing I can say to that. Late in the game, when frustrations come to the surface on one side and celebrations on the other the Chargers allowed themselves to get two personal fouls in one call in a QB sack. In my mind, those are penalties that can be avoided. Otherwise, the Chargers played "Charger Football!"

On to next week and Courtland!!!!!

Wet, sloppy field and the Chargers lost two fumbles early before they figured out they needed to hang on to the ball better. One of those lost fumbles was deep in JRs territory. Add one pick in the end zone later in the game and the Chargers lost the opportunity for 14 more. The D played an outstanding game though and except for one long pass they did all but shut down JR. From my stand point, JR just couldn't handle the speed and the Chargers gave them speed in the running game and in the air. And honestly, it could have been much worse than what the score board showed. The Chargers got rolling and just wouldn't be denied.

The bad ….. well, there is only one thing I can say to that. Late in the game, when frustrations come to the surface on one side and celebrations on the other the Chargers allowed themselves to get two personal fouls in one call in a QB sack. In my mind, those are penalties that can be avoided. Otherwise, the Chargers played "Charger Football!"

On to next week and Courtland!!!!!
Well done Chargers. Next week will be a Slobberknocker. GL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT