ADVERTISEMENT

Chancellor 42 King George 35 Recap

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
The Chargers just flat refused to lose tonight! It started out great for the Chargers. Recovering an on side kick and 6 plays later the QB takes it in for a TD. But the QB suffered a sprained ankle when he was tackled going into the end zone. Problem you think? Nah …. the back up stepped up to the plate and takes care of business. No big deal.

King George played a very good game. They learned early they couldn't run on the Charger D. Their attempts to do so netted them two missed FGs. They also learned they needed everything they had and more to stop the charger running attack. The lead Charger running back had to break 200 easy. And even though there were two picks thrown by the back up QB, there were also 3 TDs thrown. The Chargers basically gave 1 TD away early and King George used a passing attack to get two late in the game. But the Chargers stepped up and said NO! Call it a shoot out in the fourth but it was Chancellor on the leading edge and they weren't giving it up.

Great game Chargers! On to next week and Spotsy!!

The Chargers just flat refused to lose tonight! It started out great for the Chargers. Recovering an on side kick and 6 plays later the QB takes it in for a TD. But the QB suffered a sprained ankle when he was tackled going into the end zone. Problem you think? Nah …. the back up stepped up to the plate and takes care of business. No big deal.

King George played a very good game. They learned early they couldn't run on the Charger D. Their attempts to do so netted them two missed FGs. They also learned they needed everything they had and more to stop the charger running attack. The lead Charger running back had to break 200 easy. And even though there were two picks thrown by the back up QB, there were also 3 TDs thrown. The Chargers basically gave 1 inTD away early and King George used a passing attack to get two late in the game. But the Chargers stepped up and said NO! Call it a shoot out in the fourth but it was Chancellor on the leading edge and they weren't giving it up.

Great game Chargers! On to next week and Spotsy!!
No disrespect but this doesn't sound like an accurate indicator of the game based on the score. Like to see what the FLS says tomorrow. Still, if Brown goes down early and the Chargers manage a win, those boys are peaking at the right time. It just screams TEAM. Well done.

Looks more and more like a rematch with eastern view
KG was down 7 to 0 early from an opening onside kick that gave Chancellor a short field. KG came back and scored twice to lead but Chancellor regained the lead at half time (21-14). KG couldn't stop the run between the tackles in the first half. After the half KG did force to punt the ball then tied the game in the 3rd (21-21). Chancellor did throw 2 int and fumbled on a option play during the game. A fumble by KG stopped a good drive early in the 4th quarter for KG. Chancellor running back had 159 yards in first half. Both teams could move the ball, KG had more success throwing.

Fellas, I was at the game, as I have said, I have 2 children that will most likely end up going to Courtland in a 2 and 4 years unless the Spotsy SBO redraws the lines as they are talking about. I have a good friend and co-worker whose son is a Charger and we support him. What I will say about the game, both KG and Chancellor moved the ball very well. However, Chancellor scored much faster than KG could ever imagine. Chancellor scored via run 2 or 3 times in less than 2 minutes. KG ate up a lot of time throwing it successfully, but, not very quickly; its not their MO, so to speak.

KG brought 8 in to the box, Chancellor ran through them, they brought 9 into the box, Chancellor ran through them. There was one point, where KG had 10 guys in the box......Chancellor ran into the endzone. The backup QB even burned KG on some zone reads.

The Charger D made some stops and gave up only 75yds according to the FLS article. They did give up some passing yardage in the final 3 drives, however, they were playing Cover 4 and giving up everything underneath.

What does Chancellor need to do in order to get respect? Their very very good JR QB goes down, and the back up comes in and manages the game as perfectly as he can. He throws 2 TD's and hit a bunch of other short throws that kept the chains moving. Timmy Coleman used to say and still says on the tape delayed TV games, move the chains consistently and you'll have a great chance of wining.

By no means am I suggesting that this team is a state championship caliber team, but, what else does this group need to do in order to get a little respect?

From what my friend said, both the O and the D are dealing with some minor injuries; YET, they still come out and compete; and they compete very well. Shaunty says it "screams TEAM. The kids and especially the SR's rallied around the SO backup QB and he was responsible for 35 points.............how many back up QB's manage the game to get 35 points.....?

The passion the kids played with and the rallying around the new QB are examples of TEAM. They earned the hard fought TEAM WIN tonight.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
I didn't see where someone said something bad about Chancellor.

They've played some tough teams this year. They were right in the games with Courtland and JM. The OLine has really come together. Mario has been running the ball well. Brown is an excellent dual threat QB who's not just an athlete but can really sling it. The Chancellor D is the Chancellor D. Then a backup QB (who wasn't even dressed at the start of the game according to the FLS), fills in more than adequately.

I think everyone out there has respect for Chancellor and no one will underestimate them at playoff time. I can easily see them winning a few games and possibly pulling an upset when they get there.

No disrespect but this doesn't sound like an accurate indicator of the game based on the score. Like to see what the FLS says tomorrow. Still, if Brown goes down early and the Chargers manage a win, those boys are peaking at the right time. It just screams TEAM. Well done.
Absolutely is screams TEAM! This squad continues to come together tighter and tighter every week!!!

And I was inaccurate on two points. First, The QB threw 2 TD passes, not three. Second, the primary RB blew 200 yards way far out of the water. And one issue that I know is being addressed and just hasn't come together yet …. way too many yards passing allowed.

I also concur with your assessment of the Chargers reaching their peak …. they are close!!!!!

Fellas, I was at the game, as I have said, I have 2 children that will most likely end up going to Courtland in a 2 and 4 years unless the Spotsy SBO redraws the lines as they are talking about. I have a good friend and co-worker whose son is a Charger and we support him. What I will say about the game, both KG and Chancellor moved the ball very well. However, Chancellor scored much faster than KG could ever imagine. Chancellor scored via run 2 or 3 times in less than 2 minutes. KG ate up a lot of time throwing it successfully, but, not very quickly; its not their MO, so to speak.

KG brought 8 in to the box, Chancellor ran through them, they brought 9 into the box, Chancellor ran through them. There was one point, where KG had 10 guys in the box......Chancellor ran into the endzone. The backup QB even burned KG on some zone reads.

The Charger D made some stops and gave up only 75yds according to the FLS article. They did give up some passing yardage in the final 3 drives, however, they were playing Cover 4 and giving up everything underneath.

What does Chancellor need to do in order to get respect? Their very very good JR QB goes down, and the back up comes in and manages the game as perfectly as he can. He throws 2 TD's and hit a bunch of other short throws that kept the chains moving. Timmy Coleman used to say and still says on the tape delayed TV games, move the chains consistently and you'll have a great chance of wining.

By no means am I suggesting that this team is a state championship caliber team, but, what else does this group need to do in order to get a little respect?

From what my friend said, both the O and the D are dealing with some minor injuries; YET, they still come out and compete; and they compete very well. Shaunty says it "screams TEAM. The kids and especially the SR's rallied around the SO backup QB and he was responsible for 35 points.............how many back up QB's manage the game to get 35 points.....?

The passion the kids played with and the rallying around the new QB are examples of TEAM. They earned the hard fought TEAM WIN tonight.

Thats an awesome write up and assessment RedDawn. I try to keep up with what the School Board is working on, especially with redrawing attendance lines. That has happened a couple times over the last 15-16 years. They really have no choice but to redraw them at some point …. and when they do, maybe your sons will be Chargers too!!!!

Shaunty, my reference to respect is to some posters, if you read through other threads, that consistently say Chancellor isn't as good as people think. I don't want to point them out, but, since you and Chancellor Fan, as well as me now, follow the Chancellor threads, I am sure you know who I am referencing.

I'm not sure

Of course I have downed Chancellor and their physicality, and they proved me wrong last night. I had to pick KG after how well they played against Courtland.

ADVERTISEMENT