Charger50

Gold Member
May 18, 2006
Chancellor High School is seeking quality assistant coaches to coach the
2017 season. Positions include Quarterbacks, Linebackers, Defensive
Backs, and Defensive Line. Depending on experience there is a possibility
of a Coordinating position. Please email resume to Coach Jeff Glessner at
jglessner@upsd.wednet.edu

I do like that Glessner is starting a clean slate. Chancellor has had tons of talent over the years but I also don't remember too many schools that have more consistently shot themselves in the foot. I simply cannot explain that. Oliver was an outstanding Coach.

I do like that Glessner is starting a clean slate. Chancellor has had tons of talent over the years but I also don't remember too many schools that have more consistently shot themselves in the foot. I simply cannot explain that. Oliver was an outstanding Coach.
Shaunty, I can explain it perfectly. A HC is only as good as his assistants. Coach Oliver is one of the best defensive minds I have ever been associated with however that doesn't translate into a great Staff or offensive expertise. Chancellor had a really good OC 3 years ago in Don Joy but he was run out by the "hopefully" former AD. There were also some coaches, whom I will not name that also caused 2 good coaches to walk out before this past season. This had a huge impact on the teams lack of success this year. (yes 9-3 is not successful with the talent they had) SO cleaning house was the best thing that could have happened and fortunately the AD is gone too. I am excited about this new coach as he is very bright. He is short on experience so his biggest obstacle is to assemble a staff that will be loyal to each other. This was not the case with this past group of assistants.

Reactions: 7time
Shaunty, I can explain it perfectly. A HC is only as good as his assistants. Coach Oliver is one of the best defensive minds I have ever been associated with however that doesn't translate into a great Staff or offensive expertise. Chancellor had a really good OC 3 years ago in Don Joy but he was run out by the "hopefully" former AD. There were also some coaches, whom I will not name that also caused 2 good coaches to walk out before this past season. This had a huge impact on the teams lack of success this year. (yes 9-3 is not successful with the talent they had) SO cleaning house was the best thing that could have happened and fortunately the AD is gone too. I am excited about this new coach as he is very bright. He is short on experience so his biggest obstacle is to assemble a staff that will be loyal to each other. This was not the case with this past group of assistants.

This is an extremely broad brush you paint the former coaches with--were you a fellow coach, last year?

I have coached with one of their coaches who joined the Chargers last season and I would not paint him or those you negatively suggest and paint with the broad brush. The coaching staff did lack experience but they were passionate about the players.

I know many college coaches who recruit the area to include national title winners and they describe the team and school as having lacked leadership and the apparent unraveling, from the AD to the football program with players leaving, it is a demonstration of a lack of leadership and a present state of "Nolo contendere" of the program.

Further, it is known that there was a big rivalry between the "2 good coaches" than those you state are less than a great staff. How does 2 good coaches walk? Did the head coach tell them to walk?

I would recommend moving on from those things that are in the past for you will set up the current coaching staff for failure; for if you continue to grind the axe you will most likely cause many (like parents), if the Chargers are not successful or if they struggle, to grind their axes toward the new coaching staff at Chancellor.

Good Luck, Chargers in 2017.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
This is an extremely broad brush you paint the former coaches with--were you a fellow coach, last year?

I have coached with one of their coaches who joined the Chargers last season and I would not paint him or those you negatively suggest and paint with the broad brush. The coaching staff did lack experience but they were passionate about the players.

I know many college coaches who recruit the area to include national title winners and they describe the team and school as having lacked leadership and the apparent unraveling, from the AD to the football program with players leaving, it is a demonstration of a lack of leadership and a present state of "Nolo contendere" of the program.

Further, it is known that there was a big rivalry between the "2 good coaches" than those you state are less than a great staff. How does 2 good coaches walk? Did the head coach tell them to walk?

I would recommend moving on from those things that are in the past for you will set up the current coaching staff for failure; for if you continue to grind the axe you will most likely cause many (like parents), if the Chargers are not successful or if they struggle, to grind their axes toward the new coaching staff at Chancellor.

Welcome aboard, Sojourner. Glad to have you join us.

no idea who the new coach was. People close to the program know the deal. The good news is there will be new coaches.

no idea who the new coach was. People close to the program know the deal. The good news is there will be new coaches.
Charger or Sojourner:

What is the situation with the Director of Athletics? I knew him and thought him to be a pretty good guy and had been a solid AD...I read the article in the FLS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT