ADVERTISEMENT

Chancellor /War Hill scrimmage

The scrimmage was a typical first scrimmage. Lots of shuffling of players. The Chargers started a little sluggish but were learning quickly and it didn't take them long to get things going. Its obvious they are taking to the new system. Its going to take some time though. The underclassmen are stepping up but we're still on the young side. War Hill can be described in two words ... Big and experienced. They should make some noise in their area this year for sure. I didn't get a chance to shake any of their hands afterwards and tell them to take it to Lafayette .... so maybe someone can pass that on!

I hate to count scores for any scrimmage ... they just don't mean anything when the coaches are moving players around every three or four plays. But for those that think scrimmage is another word for superbowl, the first half was a wash with both teams scoring once. I'd like to say that was with both their ones in but it was after the ones, after the twos and it appeared they were both running a mix. The second half went to War Hill 2-0 but once again, the Chargers were moving folks around quite a bit and except for the first set, I don't think all the projected ones were on the field at one time. Not sure if it was War Hills ones that did the scoring or some kind of mix.

The winner of a scrimmage is the team that learns from it and puts that knowledge to use. I believe both of these teams did just that.

Another interesting point is that the JV did not scrimmage. Not sure why other than War Hill did not want to.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT