ADVERTISEMENT

Charlottesville (2-1) @ Orange County (2-1) Preview

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
Charlottesville is set to roll into Porterfield Park on Friday, looking for revenge. Last year, the Hornet's, in surprising fashion, took Charlottesville to the wood house last year, winning 48-14 in a game where Charlottesville's offense really struggled. This year, the offense has had little problem since there season opening loss to EC Glass, scoring 46 and 40 points in there next games before going into their bye week. Orange is also coming in at 2-1. They opened up with a scrappy win at Culpeper to get things going, then got man handled at Eastern View, losing 56-14. They regrouped and smacked a much improved Spotsylvania team, where quarterback Kenyon Carter threw for four touchdowns in a 40-13 win. That victory is just the type of boost Orange needed to get their hopes up going into this Jefferson District opener.

With Sam Neale as the undisputed conductor, the Charlottesville offense is a well-oiled machine. Neale makes the right reads and throws near perfect passes when he needs to. He's got Sabias Folley as his running back, and when he has the ball it's almost a guaranteed gain. He's also got receiver Jake Poe and slot back Tre Durrett as targets, along with Rakeem Davis, and if he can get to the outside, very few are going to be able to stop him in a footrace. The problem shouldn't be the offense, but the defense may have some struggles. In their last game against Harrisonburg, the Black Knights let up 35 points in a narrow win. Charlottesville also showed glimpses of greatness against EC Glass in the opener. If Charlottesville wants to win this game, the defense needs to show up. Otherwise, they may be in for another back and forth score game, this time away from home at a hostile homecoming crowd in Orange.

Reactions: OCBoy
Charlottesville is set to roll into Porterfield Park on Friday, looking for revenge. Last year, the Hornet's, in surprising fashion, took Charlottesville to the wood house last year, winning 48-14 in a game where Charlottesville's offense really struggled. This year, the offense has had little problem since there season opening loss to EC Glass, scoring 46 and 40 points in there next games before going into their bye week. Orange is also coming in at 2-1. They opened up with a scrappy win at Culpeper to get things going, then got man handled at Eastern View, losing 56-14. They regrouped and smacked a much improved Spotsylvania team, where quarterback Kenyon Carter threw for four touchdowns in a 40-13 win. That victory is just the type of boost Orange needed to get their hopes up going into this Jefferson District opener.

With Sam Neale as the undisputed conductor, the Charlottesville offense is a well-oiled machine. Neale makes the right reads and throws near perfect passes when he needs to. He's got Sabias Folley as his running back, and when he has the ball it's almost a guaranteed gain. He's also got receiver Jake Poe and slot back Tre Durrett as targets, along with Rakeem Davis, and if he can get to the outside, very few are going to be able to stop him in a footrace. The problem shouldn't be the offense, but the defense may have some struggles. In their last game against Harrisonburg, the Black Knights let up 35 points in a narrow win. Charlottesville also showed glimpses of greatness against EC Glass in the opener. If Charlottesville wants to win this game, the defense needs to show up. Otherwise, they may be in for another back and forth score game, this time away from home at a hostile homecoming crowd in Orange.
I think this game will be a shootout. If Charlottesville doesn't have any DB's that can cover when Carter passes it will be a long night for the Black Knights. Doesn't Cville have some defensive issues?

Reactions: blackknight_pride
I think this game will be a shootout. If Charlottesville doesn't have any DB's that can cover when Carter passes it will be a long night for the Black Knights. Doesn't Cville have some defensive issues?

They remind me of any Big 12 team, all offense and no defense. They've had some really nice defensive games and they're coming out of their bye, so hopefully the defense will be much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
@blackknight_pride are you guys going to create some seperation this week or is this district play going to be a scramble? I think C'ville gets a statement win. I'll be pulling for you!

Thanks! I think this year we're experienced enough to win these tough ones, and as I said earlier, we SHOULD be 7-1 by the time of our matchup with Louisa. You never know though...

ADVERTISEMENT