ADVERTISEMENT

Chatham HS

Ampipe_High

VaPreps Rookie
Jul 27, 2020
Is the Chatham HC position open again? Hasn't Turner only been there for one season or has it been two?

Is the Chatham HC position open again? Hasn't Turner only been there for one season or has it been two?
Did you really expect Jack Turner to last more than two years?

It is indeed open again. Jack coached two seasons, the shortened spring season in which Chatham went 0-3 and this past season in which they were 4-6. Conveniently, a PE job is open for this spring in addition to Jack's SPED position. He'll teach at Chatham for 1.5 years and finish with a 4-9 record. It's a tough situation for whoever gets hired. Most of the coaching staff won't return. There hasn't been a JV team in a couple of years but if Jack was retiring he probably didn't care about the future of the program. This past year's team was junior heavy so the new coach will have a good group of seniors but not much else due to not having a JV team. Hiring someone who's a PE teacher and will be in the gym recruiting all spring would be great but I have no idea of Chatham's thinking. I just know that Jack was hired to turn things around after the previous coach had Chatham in the playoffs and he certainly did that. Two years later and few kids want to play football.

Reactions: CoachinCavs
Interesting situation. I think back in 2019 when they were running the air raid Chatham had 70-80 kids in preseason. Now, not having a JV team the last two years even in the COVID shortened season. You're right @BigDaddyFromThe434 you'll have to recruit those younger classes quickly

Reactions: BigDaddyFromThe434
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT