ADVERTISEMENT

Chicken Taco soup

wikki

VaPreps All State
Oct 21, 2001
Yep, we ladies of the Amherst Boosters get to host the state games at LU again. We do all the cooking for the hospitality suite. Maybe I will get to meet some of you posters. I met Dinwiddie a couple of years ago.

Good, it’s easy and delicious. I also make a great pasta salad that I will have also to go with the fried chicken
Too bad I'll be in Salem covering the C1 and C2 games for Virginia Preps. I won't get to try your chicken taco soup, and enjoy the Amherst booster's hospitality.

Reactions: wikki
Too bad I'll be in Salem covering the C1 and C2 games for Virginia Preps. I won't get to try your chicken taco soup, and enjoy the Amherst booster's hospitality.
Aww, I’m disappointed. I hope I get to meet some new posters this year.

Reactions: mike salem
I have to get me some of that soup or the recipe?;):D
Chicken Taco Soup

1 onion chopped

1 (16 oz) can Chili beans

1 (15 oz) can black beans

1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn (drained)

1 (8oz) can tomato sauce

2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained (Rotel is the best)

1 (1.25 oz) package of taco seasoning mix

3 whole skinless boneless chicken breast

½ tsp sugar, if desired. I did to take away a little of the tartness from tomatoes

Place the onion, all the beans, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning mix and stir to blend. Lay chicken breast on top of mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover and cook for 5 hours.

Remove chicken breasts from the soup and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Shred chicken with two forks and put back into soup and continue to cook for 2 hours. Serve topped with cheddar cheese, sour cream or tortilla chips, if desired.

Chicken Taco Soup

1 onion chopped

1 (8oz) can tomato sauce

½ tsp sugar, if desired. I did to take away a little of the tartness from tomatoes

Place the onion, all the beans, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning mix and stir to blend. Lay chicken breast on top of mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover and cook for 5 hours.

Remove chicken breasts from the soup and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Shred chicken with two forks and put back into soup and continue to cook for 2 hours. Serve topped with cheddar cheese, sour cream or tortilla chips, if desired.

Thank you for posting, now I just need somebody to fix it for me. Anybody in Salem? Haha

Chicken Taco Soup

1 onion chopped

1 (8oz) can tomato sauce

Thanks Wikki, I will try it out !

Chicken Taco Soup

1 onion chopped

1 (8oz) can tomato sauce

Thanks Wikki . The sugar helps to cut acid back, great job.

Well Wikki, it looks like it will be a perfect day for your soup. It's a shame only a select few will have the chance to enjoy it. I was hoping for my chance, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Well Wikki, it looks like it will be a perfect day for your soup. It's a shame only a select few will have the chance to enjoy it. I was hoping for my chance, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.
I know, I just hope the snow goes further south so we can enjoy it. We have such a good menu planned for it

Ill be there looking forward to your menu. Had i not planned to smoke a turkey today i would have tried your soup today. Im sure some left over turkey can be used in place of the chicken.

Hey moto, I can tell you, they run a tight ship there at LU. You are NOT getting on the elevator without the proper pass. I've tried every trick in the book and been turned away every time. The only way is to have your school in one of the games, and be really, really tight with your Principal or AD.

But, if you ever get there, it is truly a special deal. Wikki and her friends do it right.

Reactions: moto138
Hey moto, I can tell you, they run a tight ship there at LU. You are NOT getting on the elevator without the proper pass. I've tried every trick in the book and been turned away every time. The only way is to have your school in one of the games, and be really, really tight with your Principal or AD.

But, if you ever get there, it is truly a special deal. Wikki and her friends do it right.
I never tried since i thought i was not supposed to. However, i do know folks and could have but i dont like using favors like that.

Yes we just had a guy from Woodgrove tell us it was the best he has had and how great our hospitality is

ADVERTISEMENT