ADVERTISEMENT

Coleton Beck of Blacksburg receives his first D1 offer!

Aug 27, 2011
After receiving an offer from Kentucky Christian, an NAIA school, a few weeks ago, Coleton Beck received an offer from Delaware State today. This should be the first of many D1 offers to come for this sophomore.

This is also just the beginning for several current Blacksburg players who will potentially be obtaining offers in the near future.

After receiving an offer from Kentucky Christian, an NAIA school, a few weeks ago, Coleton Beck received an offer from Delaware State today. This should be the first of many D1 offers to come for this sophomore.

This is also just the beginning for several current Blacksburg players who will potentially be obtaining offers in the near future.
Congratulations to Coleton. I have a question concerning their use of RB this year. Beck will be a Jr this coming year and he has great size at 6'1" 180, and they also have Terry a rising Soph who is smaller, but has good speed & field vision. So will Beck be the featured back like last year or will they have a 2 back set similar to what Salem runs with Beck in the lead back position (traditional FB spot in the I-formation) with Terry the smaller back in the traditional TB spot? Or will they run the spread again with Terry at WR to stretch the defense with his speed on the edge?

I don't remember hearing where Isaac Johnston was picked up for college. He was a good QB with the requisite size to warrant a D1 offer (6'4" 230) Do you know if his brother will be the starter this year? He's a rising Soph, but he was already listed at 6'3" 190 last year. For those unfamiliar, their dad is Chad Johnston, who was the QB at WVU.

Blacksburg looks to have something for the RRD this year. They will have to break in a new QB & replace the majority of the WR, but if they have a good line their offense will be tough to slow down with a good running attack and receivers spreading the field. Oneman, a very knowledgeable poster and an asst coach with Charlottesville, has them as his 3A West sleeper. After going 6-5 last year losing to a very tough Abingdon team with a very good QB, I don't think they'll sneak up on anybody. They will be young in spots, but with the talent they have they should contend for a top 2 finish in the RRD. Come playoff time they will be a tough draw in 3A and they may get some home playoff games if they can put it together early in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT