Comparative scores

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Salem 70. Charlottesville 34. At Salem
Louisa 62. Charlottesville 27 At Louisa

Salem 20. Dinwiddie 25. At Salem
Louisa 38 Dinwiddie 27. At Dinwiddie

Louisa has stopped the run all year Salem will have to open some holes. Louisa can,be thrown on

Salem 70. Charlottesville 34. At Salem
Louisa 62. Charlottesville 27 At Louisa

Salem 20. Dinwiddie 25. At Salem
Louisa 38 Dinwiddie 27. At Dinwiddie
Don’t think you can really get a lot out of comparing 2 common opponents. I’ve seen Salem twice and Louisa twice this year. Louisa’s front 7 is pretty nasty. I think it’ll be the best defense Salem will play since Dinwiddie. Better be ready to play all 4 downs. Bell is most dangerous on 3rd and 4th downs. You have to respect the pass and the run (4 very good running options). I’m sure Mags will rewatch the second half of the Lafayette game as the did a good job of containing Bell/Whalen/West/Jones for a couple of drives. Contain the ends and gang tackle. Should be a really good state championship game.

Infact I am sure a lot of Salem fans think Blacksburg is the most talented and biggest team we have played all year

Blacksburg was huge . Ol, and DL they had the fastest running back in the state going to VT very well coached etc.

Infact I am sure a lot of Salem fans think Blacksburg is the most talented and biggest team we have played all year
Blacksburg was huge . Ol, and DL they had the fastest running back in the state going to VT very well coached etc.
Eastern View was huge, bigger than Blacksburg, and well coached too. My point is size doesn't matter. Athleticism, strength and heart does.

I understand that arnon, I was just simply saying most Salem fans will say Blacksburg prob was the best team we have played all year on all levels of play.

I believe Blacksburg would beat dinwiddie by 1 touchdowns maybe. 10 points

Last edited:
Louisa have their share of beef on the lines. I remember telling bleeding navy that “them big hogs on the line” will be tired by halftime as I thought Dinwiddie’s speed would wear them down and low and behold, they got stronger as the game went on. I’m not sure that Louisa’s defense has seen anything like DLo Ramsey but I don’t think Salem has seen anything like Malik Bell.

Louisa have their share of beef on the lines. I remember telling bleeding navy that “them big hogs on the line” will be tired by halftime as I thought Dinwiddie’s speed would wear them down and low and behold, they got stronger as the game went on. I’m not sure that Louisa’s defense has seen anything like DLo Ramsey but I don’t think Salem has seen anything like Malik Bell.
I agree with that danville totally

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Who was bigger dinwiddie or Blacksburg? I saw the Blacksburg game but not the dinwiddie game

Blacksburg's size wasn't the challenge. It was the speed of one very fast player that caused challenges.

sitting here scratching my head as to why we are talking about how big or better dinwiddie or blacksburg WERE because the fact is they are out and louisa and salem are playing the chamionship. woulda shoulda coulda. lets play ball.

Reactions: Lions1983
sitting here scratching my head as to why we are talking about how big or better dinwiddie or blacksburg WERE because the fact is they are out and louisa and salem are playing the chamionship. woulda shoulda coulda. lets play ball.
Amen

Blacksburg is bigger. Dinwiddie is quicker, stronger, more athletic.
Not sure about that. I would probably say Blacksburg was more athletic overall, didn't see much of a strength/speed difference. Blacksburg probably had 3 players that are faster than the Dinwiddie's fastest player.

I was mainly talking about the offensive and defensive lines of Blacksburg and Dinwiddie. But I'd love to see Beck vs. Jasiah Williams in a footrace. Maybe throw Louisa's Matt West in there as well.

Also, since SBU is comparing scores, all of the scores are a little misleading. One of Dinwiddie's touchdowns against Louisa was a kick return. One of Louisa's TDs against Cville was a punt block return. One of Salem's TDs against Cville was a fumble return (I think). And of course the Salem/Dinwiddie game was a turnover party.

I was mainly talking about the offensive and defensive lines of Blacksburg and Dinwiddie. But I'd love to see Beck vs. Jasiah Williams in a footrace. Maybe throw Louisa's Matt West in there as well.
Would not be close if it's a hundred meters. Beck second in nation at that distance this past summer. For his age world class speed

I believe you. Like Hoos said Jasiah Williams is pretty fast but you guys have seen Williams and the other 3 guys from Blacksburg while I’ve only seen Williams. You gotta our Viante Tucker up there if you’re talking speed.

Danville Blacksburg was just as athletic as dinwiddie those 3 speedsters Blacksburg had were faster than anybody on the dinwiddie team

That Blacksburg was more athletic overall than Dinwiddie. Heck no! Not even close.
But they were... I saw both teams. Blacksburgs DL was a little more athletic and the secondary was quite a bit more. Dinwiddie had more athletic linebackers. Offensively, as it has been said Blacksburg had better athletes at most skill positions and were quicker up front. Dinwiddie's QB was a better athlete than Blacksburg's but that is about it. It might be "not even close" but that would be in Blacksburg's favor.

I believe you. Like Hoos said Jasiah Williams is pretty fast but you guys have seen Williams and the other 3 guys from Blacksburg while I’ve only seen Williams. You gotta our Viante Tucker up there if you’re talking speed.
Williams and Tucker have great speed and are tremendous players but again, Blacksburg has three guys that are unquestionably faster.

Danville Blacksburg was just as athletic as dinwiddie those 3 speedsters Blacksburg had were faster than anybody on the dinwiddie team
@homeNabroad I think what Danville is saying is that the athleticism of Dinwiddie's team was just as good or better OVERALL than the athleticism of Blacksburg's team. I actually agree with him. I think Dinwiddie had more athleates but Blacksburg may have had 3 of the top 5. Keep in mind that athleticism and pure speed are 2 completely different things. For instance... Usain Bolt is the fastest human being I've ever seen. However, I would consider Labron James a better athlete. Make sense?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT