ADVERTISEMENT

Confirming Times for Thursday's Finals

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
From the beginning, the VHSL website has been showing that the D-2 finals are Thursday afternoon with the girls playing at 12:30 and the boys at 2:30. Then in the night session, D-1 plays with the girls at 6:00 and the boys at 8:00.

However, the NFHS website has sent out its list of live broadcasts and they have D-1 playing in the afternoon and D-2 at night. I would be inclined to believe the VHSL but is it possible that there has been a change?

I just did a more thorough check and the two websites have total disagreement regarding all the times, not just in D-1 and D-2. The VHSL shows D-2 on Thursday afternoon, D-1 Thursday night, D-4 Friday afternoon, D-3 Friday night, D-6 Saturday afternoon, and D-5 Saturday night.

But the NFHS broadcast schedule has it completely opposite, with all six divisions competing in ascending order, meaning D-1 starts things off on Thursday afternoon leading up to D-6 as the main event on Saturday night. You have to admit that would make more sense if the goal was to make the smaller schools play each day in the daytime and the larger ones at night, but yet I still say we have to believe the VHSL don't we?

Not trying to start or confuse anything, and I would not have brought it up at all if I had not received a notice from NFHS with their broadcast schedule and noticed the discrepancy. We certainly want everyone showing up at the right times for all the games!!!!

I believe over the past few years VHSL has been rotating the days each class plays. Giving 1 & 2 a year on Saturday then the following year on Friday and then Thursday, and doing same for 3&4 and 5&6.

ADVERTISEMENT