ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats LT

one man

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 8, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
Salem moved the ball pretty well most of the game but LT defense got stops with their backs against the wall. The Quinerly punt return was the turning point of the game. LT offense was almost flawless, outside of the bad pitch. That's what I expect from them after the Monacan performace. Salem represented North well, game was closer than the score indicated. Not having Fox as an offensive weapon was key. Johnson made more critical plays than Coulling and that was the biggest difference IMO. LT did great job picking on #15, he was the weakness in that secondary, gave up a number of completions, I counted 2 3rd completions and 1 4th down conversion on him plus the long TD pass. All credit to LT though, they were the better team today, congrats again Devils to you and your team. Congrats Salem on great season.

Good summary. LT was as advertised...fast, great defense, and Johnson was fantastic. That punt return was killer! Also, Fox looked to be limping much more than against Danville or Liberty. I thought they could use him more in the slot, but you could tell that ankle was REALLY bothering him. I thought it hurt Salem on defense as well as he just didn't have the closing speed he normally does. LT did a nice job against Ramsey and as you said, on offense they went after #15 for Salem. Congrats to both squads! I don't think this is the last time we'll see these two teams play in a state championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT