ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to all the Salem kids

DEVILSLB99

VaPreps All District
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2005
That are going to college in the future. I guess all these kids signing puts the myth to bed that Salem didn't have talent. 6 D1 kids signing I do believe shows Salem had talent and wasn't just a bunch of kids that worked and gritted their way this season. Again coaches will find talent and obviously Salem had a lot. Congrats once again.

I second the congratulations. That is impressive. The kids did what was asked of them. They kept their grades up, and worked their butts off on the field in in the weight room. VMI and the other schools are getting some good kids.

Thank you. These are talented boys, hard workers, smart, and very well-mannered. All around great kids. Glad they are having opportunities for college.

You are very right Momomule.

Everything may not be perfect in the Salem community, but it is a good area and these kids just don't happen to be the type of students and athleletes they are. They follow the examples set by their parents and coaches and other adults they are regularly around.

People from other areas should take notice and realize that with demands and non acceptance of certain behavior, they can help make their communities better. It's a tough thing to measure, and it takes seemingly forever, but a community can improve things for themselves.

Certainly it's a lot swifter and takes no effort by good people to go downhill. But if a community can go down, it sure as heck can get better.

And saying all this, someone may think that I'm saying that the Salem area is somehow better than other areas. Not at all. They are just a community that is a good place to live and work, and raise your kids. There are lots of places across our great state like this. And undoubtly some areas that are even better. But, without question, Salem can be proud. Look no further than than the kids for proof.

ADVERTISEMENT