ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Essex's 7'0" 375lbs DL, D'ondre Harris...

Congrats to D'ondre! Getting an education and a chance to continue football is great! The training and weight loss should really help him health wise and as an athlete! Good luck!

Reactions: bucklateral
Congratulations Dondre!!! Go Fairmont State!!!

What a magnificently written article by Adam Kramer about a fine young man. Superb writing and story telling.

Nice pic of the boys marching in at the recent state championship game in Salem (this should finally be the year of the Trojans with Malik, Jordan, Brooks, Monroe, Nelson, Nate, Tim, Buddy and others leading the way).

Dondre is an extremely friendly young man. He was just voted by his peers as the Prom King and had his picture in the paper. During a clean up of the athletic facilities one year right before the playoffs began, about 25 volunteers showed up, mostly adults, plus Dondre (and his family). I remember raking many bags of leaves and trash with him that day. He smiled the whole time.

One of my fondest memories of watching Essex football was two seasons ago against arch rival W&L. The game was on the line and the end was near. W&L was driving, had the ball on the one yard line and was about to score. The home crowd was quiet and worried as it looked like Essex would lose that important game. Then Coach Fulks sent in the big man Dondre Harris and the crowd went wild with joy and cheers.

Essex held the line..... and won that game.

Last edited:
Best wishes to the Big Man! Sounds like he's genuinely focused! This was a great article. Always like to see, hear and read positive stories about the old NND bunch!

Have not heard anything yet but I'm sure his mom will keep everyone updated on Facebook. When she does, I will post it on here for you.

Reactions: gwb16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT