ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations to Blacksburg

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
I enjoyed seeing some friends from last year's games, meeting many of the coaches and QB Grant Johnston. I love football and I love people. I would have loved the win, but all in all I had a good time from tailgate to post game.

I see baby steps of improvement. IDK if it will click in time or be enough, but there is potential. 3 losses to very good teams from what I could see. I like seeing some of the young guys starting or getting significant playing time. Of course they make mistakes, (we all do) but as a team they did better this week than last week imo. One game at a time and 11=1.

Looks like LB/FB #31 Chandler Sutphin may have broken his ankle. He's a good kid and a Jr. He tore his ACL in last year's championship game. He plays lights out and it's unfortunate he has to deal with another injury.

Last edited:
I enjoyed seeing some friends from last year's games, meeting many of the coaches and QB Grant Johnston. I love football and I love people. I would have loved the win, but all in all I had a good time from tailgate to post game.

I see baby steps of improvement. IDK if it will click in time or be enough, but there is potential. 3 losses to very good teams from what I could see. I like seeing some of the young guys starting or getting significant playing time. Of course they make mistakes, (we all do) but as a team they did better this week than last week imo. One game at a time and 11=1.

Looks like LB/FB #31 Chandler Sutphin may have broken his ankle. He's a good kid and a Jr. He tore his ACL in last year's championship game. He plays lights out and it's unfortunate he has to deal with another injury.
He finished the game last yr too. Tough kid

thanks Mike, good seeing you again my friend. I have a feeling we will meet again in Nov. Hate to hear about #31 Sutphin's injury , tough kid and a good player, hope it is just a minor injury. As for Salem 3 losses are nothing, 3 in row state titles are, just shows you what happens as you get better at the end of the regular season. I said it last year and I'll say it again to the rest of Div4 you wont want to see Salem in Nov.

Reactions: OCBoy
I’m glad to see Blacksburg doing well. I became a distant fan the more I watched them online and read about em while I was looking up info when we hired coach Wells down here. I still hope one day Mooresville and Blacksburg can play... that’d be kinda cool haha. Keep rollin bburg! On a similar note- Coach Well has us 5-0 as well (we were 4-8 last year).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT