ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations to JF-----thoughts on Salem

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Congratulations to JF for a great season. This team will be remembered for a long time and Navy Jones will go down as one of the most dynamic backs the State of Virginia has ever seen. Coach Christmas did a great job resurrecting the program there and the community should be very proud.

To Jcav1 who has been a great fan for JF. He has been on this board doing some great cheerleading for his team and should be commended. However, everyone should remember that when watching your local team play we sometimes see through our hearts and not our brains. When they do well we begin to think they are the biggest and baddest group around----and this may be true until they run into another team that is really talented and big and bad themselves. JF found that out tonight-----Salem found it out last year against LT. We will see what happens this year.

I thought the score might be a little lower than some projected and I think I was somewhat correct. JF never could get their defense to compliment their offense consistently and that is what cost them a chance to play in the State Championship game. While everyone talked about the speed of JF ---Salem showed that they have excellent speed all over the field and that coupled with the power of Ramsey and the arm of Beckley proved to be too much for an excellent JF team

Salem lost 17 starters from last years team and they are undefeated and back in the finals again this year.
They should be very good again next year. Salem fans should not take this for granted. This is a tremendous achievement and almost every school in the state would be ecstatic. to be able to do what Salem does year in and year out. An unbelievable job done by Coach Mags his staff and his dedicated players.

I am sure a lot will be written on this board concerning the upcoming State Championship game and that is to be expected. But tonight Salem fans lets just enjoy another win given to the community by a group of coaches and kids who give their all for the name on the front of their jersey S A L E M

Extremely well stated. Let's hope this is not the last sensible post about this game, and these two teams we see.

And, for fans of high school football everywhere, let's hope this game was the final push that was needed to get the powers that be, to get the seating and facilities upgraded at JF.

Extremely well stated. Let's hope this is not the last sensible post about this game, and these two teams we see.

And, for fans of high school football everywhere, let's hope this game was the final push that was needed to get the powers that be, to get the seating and facilities upgraded at JF.
It's already in the works for this off-season from what I've been told. Not sure how many it will seat, but imo it should seat approximately 5,000 like Amherst or Rustburg.

Reactions: wikki
Yes, congrats to JF on a great season. I wish Navy all the best in his future endeavors. From what I heard, he was complementing Salem's defense on the field. I hope he goes far with his football career. I wish him the best of luck on his ACT test. I'll pray he hits the score he's hoping for!

Reactions: mike salem
ADVERTISEMENT