ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations to Job Whalen for becoming Louisa's all-time leading rusher with 5,135 yards

anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b

VaPreps All Region
Aug 28, 2005
It couldn't have happened for a better kid and family. (Pronounced Jobe)
The program’s all-time leading rusher is also now fifth all-time in Scrimmage Play area history with 5,135 career rushing yards, the product of one of the most consistent careers in recent memory. Whalen has produced year in and year out along with backfield mates Malik Bell and Raquan Jones. Whalen rushed for 679 yards as a freshman, 1,600 as a sophomore, 1,421 as a junior and 1,435 as a senior.
http://www.scrimmageplaycva.com/art...off-whalen-leaves-field-one-areas-time-bests/

whalen.jpg

Last edited:
Having watched him from freshman year to this year was a special treat. Every year he you could tell he must have been a permanent fixture in the weight room. Hopefully he will have the opportunity to play at a top tier school at the next level

Reactions: Lions1983
That's the story of Job's career. Even JD announcers who have called his name every year still made that mistake this year and had to be corrected. Louisa fans are used to giving sarcastic applause when announcers finally get it right, like on Sunday.

Where is JOB and #7 going next year. I have not seen either say where they are going?

They don't know yet. I'm sure they'll get more offers soon, and hopefully Thurston, Jones, and McGhee will too.

Tony Thurston got offered by William & Mary. Stay tuned for news about the other kids.

Last edited:
Saw that. I assumed more would be coming for others just surprised no commits early signing day is soon.

Tough as nails kid... He is a fighter and has a relentless motor. I have been a big fan of Job since we came to Louisa for the playoff game in 2016. He just never quit and played every play till the whistle blew every time. I think there is a college coach out there that is going to get a STEEL! I think I'd have him play in my secondary somewhere if I am a college coach. Maybe a FS or SS.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I’ve seen some overrated/undeserving kids go to programs. I just don’t see how Job, Bell, Ray Jones does not have at least some FCS schools begging for their services. I’ll throw in Fludd from Monacan too. I won’t be surprised to see new Hampton head coach Robert Prunty sweep up these guys and build a powerhouse based of VA kids like NC A&T is doing with NC kids. It’s coming very soon.

You never know why schools don't recruit kids maybe they just are not as good as everyone else thinks, maybe the timing is not right, maybe grades, maybe college recruits are overlooking them. Speed is always a factor at the next level. I am sure they will find a home soon enough.

Reactions: Salem177
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT