ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations To Martinsburg

SpartanOfYore

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 15, 2009
A big tip o’ my old, weathered Salem cap to the Bulldogs and their fans. Most of the time, Salem is the windshield; tonight, the Spartans played the role of the bug. I thought the two teams would be pretty evenly matched. They were not. The biggest mismatch was Martinsburg’s offensive line versus Salem’s D-line. M’burg’s Banks never had a fingernail laid upon him, and the Bulldogs did whatever they wanted on offense. Salem’s offensive line fared a little better, as Salem put together a couple of nice long scoring drives, and held onto the ball for a good portion of the game. However, with Salem unable to slow down M’burg’s offense, the Spartans needed to make every drive count to have any hope of staying in the game. Three (or was it four?) interceptions took care of that. Kudos to the Bulldogs’ defensive backfield.

Anyway, it was a fun game. Big crowd, good atmosphere. Martinsburg just came in and left no doubt about which is the better team. I was a little disappointed by the outcome, but moreso by the loss of another lineman; I hope he can return this season. Congrats again to Martinsburg, and good luck the rest of the way this year. It will take a really good team to beat you.

I had this posted on a different thread, but...

Martinsburg has a very good team this year. They have a lot of talent. Congratulations to the Bulldogs. I don't see any roadblocks for them in winning their 4th in a row.

Reactions: BulldogSoccer
ADVERTISEMENT