ADVERTISEMENT

Country Boys!

Nov 12, 2013
Dinwiddie,Va
Great game tonight! One of the best high school football games I've ever seen! Lake Taylor # 22 was all over the place! Great player! The one two punch of Pope and Freeland is going to be tough to stop. Witt is a heady player and handles the offense well! Special teams was shaky tonight to say the least! The Country Boys have 2 more to go!! WELCOME TO NAVY NATION.....

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Too nice Wahoogen. Maybe these past few videos will open a few eyes. Just went toe to toe with a very physical and talented LT team.

@Mobonape1 says Navy Nation doesnt talk enough smack, so I will give it my best. To ad lib a quote from Doc Holliday in "Tombstone" "Dinwiddies your huckleberry"! Whose is coming to the pasture next week to take on the Country Boys? Lafayette or Eastern View?

Going to be a cowbell ringing, cannon firing, horse riding, siren wailing, hell of a time.....

Really disappointed in Lake Taylor. I saw where someone posted that they trashed our jv Locker room, urinating on a jersey and the floor. Very disrespectful from such a well respected program
I hope that is just a rumour. If not let the administrators handle it. Not saying you are wrong, but I would think Coach Sawyer would not condone that type of behavior.

Actually one of our assistant coaches posted it, and of course it was shared. They played a great game and I said the same thing that I can't believe a coach would condone that. They have a great coaching staff. If it is true, it's sad.

Where is it posted? Twitter or Facebook? Thats a shame. Such a proud, respected program too. Things dont always go like you want them to in life, but thats no excuse for this type of behavior. If the facts support it Dinwiddie should charge the culprits with destroying property. Coach Mills would put a foot up a kids butt for doing something like the alleged.

It was posted on fb. I deleted my comment about it here cause i don't want to stir up anything if it wasn't true. The post actually said they urinated and pooped in the floor and peed on a jersey.

That's straight nasty and disrespectful. It's hard for me to believe no LT coaches didn't go in the locker room before they left without seeing this.

That's straight nasty and disrespectful. It's hard for me to believe no LT coaches didn't go in the locker room before they left without seeing this.

Sadly, it's mostly true. They did no structural damage to the lockers or equipment. They did however leave the locker room in a condition that was deplorable. Worse by far, that any team has ever left our locker room.

But, it is what else they did that is beyond disgusting. They found a Dinwiddie jersey, threw it in a toilet, and urinated and deficated on it.

It's impossible that no one on the Lake Taylor coaching staff knew what was going on. Which tells you that the way that these young men behaved was "acceptable" in their eyes. And if they say it was done behind the backs of the coaching staff, (which is impossible), then where are the team leaders? Was there no player on the team that would stand up and say "stop, we will not be remembered for this behavior"?

I've always maintained a lot of respect for LT, but no more. If I thought this behavior was one or two rogue players, I could understand that. But, the team, and more importantly, the coaching staff, accepted and condoned this behavior.

Losing with respect and honor is tougher and more important than winning. Everyone loses something at one point in life.

Reactions: mbonape1
Sadly, it's mostly true. They did no structural damage to the lockers or equipment. They did however leave the locker room in a condition that was deplorable. Worse by far, that any team has ever left our locker room.

But, it is what else they did that is beyond disgusting. They found a Dinwiddie jersey, threw it in a toilet, and urinated and deficated on it.

It's impossible that no one on the Lake Taylor coaching staff knew what was going on. Which tells you that the way that these young men behaved was "acceptable" in their eyes. And if they say it was done behind the backs of the coaching staff, (which is impossible), then where are the team leaders? Was there no player on the team that would stand up and say "stop, we will not be remembered for this behavior"?

I've always maintained a lot of respect for LT, but no more. If I thought this behavior was one or two rogue players, I could understand that. But, the team, and more importantly, the coaching staff, accepted and condoned this behavior.

If true which I hope it's not unfortunately becoming more common. I am hearing this crap happening during school hours from numerous school systems. This type of action is a reflection of a disgraceful society that really has no direction and has turned to having a justification for their actions instead of consequences. Honestly seeing less consequences for athletes in general which is nothing new I suppose.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83

How can this be put on the coaches by the way. When we walked thru the locker room at the end of the game none of this had happened. If a kid went into the stalls and did this then that is trifling and not condoned. We are hearing about this on Facebook like everyone else and I want to know why we weren't contacted on the ride home by our AD. Also we sat in the parking lot for almost an hour at the conclusion of the game and no one said a word. Where did our guys get a Dinwiddie jersey from because there won't any in there hanging up or around? Makes me not believe the story. But oh well of course we came down there lost a tough game and must of acted like a band of hooligans.

Reactions: OCBoy

I watched the game from the visitors sidelines. I am not surprised to hear anything they may or may not have done. I have never been to a high school game and listened to the language I heard tonight. It was a great game but when I come back next week, I think I will watch from the home side.

I watched the game from the visitors sidelines. I am not surprised to hear anything they may or may not have done. I have never been to a high school game and listened to the language I heard tonight. It was a great game but when I come back next week, I think I will watch from the home side.
If true, the behavior described and how the coaching staff behaved after losing to Salem last year, combined is quite an indictment. Sometimes a few kids will do things that embarrass the whole team and that is unfortunate, but if this story is true it looks very bad

Last edited:
Come on Liberty. You can set with some great guys on the 40 yard line (pressbox side). If you come early I believe we are going to have a tailgate with light food for all va prep posters. More details later. Thanks for coming.

Come on Liberty. You can set with some great guys on the 40 yard line (pressbox side). If you come early I believe we are going to have a tailgate with light food for all va prep posters. More details later. Thanks for coming.

Thanks man! And I must say, I once again enjoyed the game and being there, it lived up to the hype and more! Great physical game on both sides, from both teams. I certainly don't mean to insinuate from my post any type of negativity towards Lake Taylor, but the language used was just way over the top towards the officials and Dinwiddie in general. Lake Taylor was a great football team. It did not take away however from the game which was just incredibly good. And for anyone who would dare try to say Dinwiddie won only because of the holding call on the kickoff return, wow, you weren't watching what I was watching. Dinwiddie made the plays when they counted most. Exciting football game!

After hearing about Lake Taylor/Salem last year I didn't think to much into it about the LT coaches and players after that lost to Salem. But what I saw and heard last night at the Dinwiddie game makes me believe its true. During warm ups both teams were on the field doing there thing getting ready, then the LT team with coaches on the field walked up to the 50 yard line, facing Dinwiddie while they were warming up, started chanting and shouting at the Dinwiddie players (childish). Then to see on here some people talking "home town refs" home grown calls" oh PLEASE. One call did not define this game. And the final straw was what the LT players did to the locker room. Nasty, disrespectful, childish and no class. If this is the way you handle disappointment and losing then yes its on the coaches. Coaches should teach a team to lose with dignity and respect, you will not win every game, life is full of disappointment. Its how you handle that disappointment on what type of person you are. Yes the Head Coach is responsible for the actions of his team, you cant tell me all they teach at LT is how to play football and not about becoming great young men. Yes LT played a great game, has great players and gave Dinwiddie all we wanted but this type of behavior can not be condone. Huge back eye for LT program and lost of respect.

After hearing about Lake Taylor/Salem last year I didn't think to much into it about the LT coaches and players after that lost to Salem. But what I saw and heard last night at the Dinwiddie game makes me believe its true. During warm ups both teams were on the field doing there thing getting ready, then the LT team with coaches on the field walked up to the 50 yard line, facing Dinwiddie while they were warming up, started chanting and shouting at the Dinwiddie players (childish). Then to see on here some people talking "home town refs" home grown calls" oh PLEASE. One call did not define this game. And the final straw was what the LT players did to the locker room. Nasty, disrespectful, childish and no class. If this is the way you handle disappointment and losing then yes its on the coaches. Coaches should teach a team to lose with dignity and respect, you will not win every game, life is full of disappointment. Its how you handle that disappointment on what type of person you are. Yes the Head Coach is responsible for the actions of his team, you cant tell me all they teach at LT is how to play football and not about becoming great young men. Yes LT played a great game, has great players and gave Dinwiddie all we wanted but this type of behavior can not be condone. Huge back eye for LT program and lost of respect.
Great post but I lost respect when finding out freland came from Petersburg. Coach up the kid in your area and make them better. 4a is already weak at best and to grab players from other programs is a loss of respect as hell. Huguenot started that years ago now dinwiddie, hopewell, lc bird and a number of other programs are doing it. Pathetic!

Great post but I lost respect when finding out freland came from Petersburg. Coach up the kid in your area and make them better. 4a is already weak at best and to grab players from other programs is a loss of respect as hell. Huguenot started that years ago now dinwiddie, hopewell, lc bird and a number of other programs are doing it. Pathetic!
Another post of you saying that 4a is weak... what are you basing that off of?

Cmon Tank really! This has already been discussed! Stop being bitter! These kid's behavior is on the coach and it starts from day one! Maybe Lake Taylor's kids need to move to another school district to learn how to deal with adversity and how to become men! Sounds like they don't get taught lessons beyond football there!

Cmon Tank really! This has already been discussed! Stop being bitter! These kid's behavior is on the coach and it starts from day one! Maybe Lake Taylor's kids need to move to another school district to learn how to deal with adversity and how to become men! Sounds like they don't get taught lessons beyond football there!
I live in the central region sir and graduated from monacan in 04 so never bitter. I'm speaking facts when it was division 5 and division 6, dinwiddie was 5 and were decent and if recall went to the state championship once and lost. Put this dinwiddie team against bird or highland springs like it should be or even hermitage. I'm just not impressed overall coming from a central region guy

But they are not! They are in 4.....you still bitter from the monacan game?
I graduated from monacan but from hopewell. Bitter? No I'm grown but this is a message board so came to give my opinion on what I saw. Why is nobody speaking about the transfer though? Is that what high school football has come too?

@Bigtank1986 Man we going to get you a towel for all those alligator tears. You been up since last night with home cooking and now transfers. So I guess by now you saw the video of the holding call and now you looking foolish making accusations about the refs home cooking. Yeah you have the right to voice your opinion but I think you are upset we ran through your team Monacan and you was wishing LT came in and beat us.

So if you don't like product we put on the field you don't have to waist your 8 dollars to see us use it to go see Highland Springs.

You will not get this crap from Lafayette, win or lose. Another reason we schedule who we do.

@Bigtank1986 Man we going to get you a towel for all those alligator tears. You been up since last night with home cooking and now transfers. So I guess by now you saw the video of the holding call and now you looking foolish making accusations about the refs home cooking. Yeah you have the right to voice your opinion but I think you are upset we ran through your team Monacan and you was wishing LT came in and beat us.

So if you don't like product we put on the field you don't have to waist your 8 dollars to see us use it to go see Highland Springs.
I don't pay to get in games and let's back track for a minute, I have 2 state championships as a coach, how many do you have yourself? The hold, the 2 point conversion that was a PI.. this has nothing to do with monacan because when I was there dinwiddie was irreverent. How many state championships does dinwiddie have by the way? I'll wait!!

Yes Tank this was discussed weeks ago. The kid didn't transfer he was not recruited, the parents made a decision to move to a better school system and get away from a bad football program. Now the young man has close to a 3.9-4 GPA and has 10 D1 offers, he has earned it. Not going thru the hole spill again. And the VHSL put Dinwiddie in 4A they did not ask for it.

Yes Tank this was discussed weeks ago. The kid didn't transfer he was not recruited, the parents made a decision to move to a better school system and get away from a bad football program. Now the young man has close to a 3.9-4 GPA and has 10 D1 offers, he has earned it. Not going thru the hole spill again. And the VHSL put Dinwiddie in 4A they did not ask for it.
As I've stated I know better but that's your story so I'll stick to it. The fact you probualy don't know the kid parents but I may be wrong. Just not buying it. I guess the same argument can be made about the guy from hopewell that transferred from colonial heights and a number of other players that I've seen throughout the years being "recruited"

I don't pay to get in games and let's back track for a minute, I have 2 state championships as a coach, how many do you have yourself? The hold, the 2 point conversion that was a PI.. this has nothing to do with monacan because when I was there dinwiddie was irreverent. How many state championships does dinwiddie have by the way? I'll wait!!

We have 1 more than Monacan.

Another generals fan, how many rings do you have? You probably never played football and know all the answers on a message board lol..

Haaaaa......Tank!! I hope you're not still coaching and on a message board! If you're done coaching and still talking about rings.....cmon man how old are you? I've got more rings than you!! Haaaaaa! Saying someone else never played football? You can't assume he didn't play football that's like me assuming you have more crack than Harlem and 450 on the hoof because your name is Tank! You're just upset your boys are playing madden now except on the field! COUNTRY BOYS!!!!

Haaaaa......Tank!! I hope you're not still coaching and on a message board! If you're done coaching and still talking about rings.....cmon man how old are you? I've got more rings than you!! Haaaaaa! Saying someone else never played football? You can't assume he didn't play football that's like me assuming you have more crack than Harlem and 450 on the hoof because your name is Tank! You're just upset your boys are playing madden now except on the field! COUNTRY BOYS!!!!
I live in Chester, your boys? I coached at both bird and highland springs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT