ADVERTISEMENT

Country Boys!

Devils, why the hate? Calling people scared, old and putting down other schools??? Seems like this type of sore loser behavior might be part of your "program investment."

And yes, please break out the emails. I'd love to see them.

We would have loved to play you this week but you gave up 15 points in the span of a commercial break and hence no trip to Williamsburg.

For that, I am truly sorry. Hang in there Devils, I know this is tough.

A Lake Taylor player (or players) allegedly does something after a heartbreaking loss and an official statement needs to be made, and all these posts are still here. A Salem player does something much worse and he's just taught a life lesson and the posts are deleted.
Huh? Salem? What does Salem have to do with this?

A Lake Taylor player (or players) allegedly does something after a heartbreaking loss and an official statement needs to be made, and all these posts are still here. A Salem player does something much worse and he's just taught a life lesson and the posts are deleted.
Are you sure you know what the Salem player did? Don't think the situation is comparable in any respect

Devils, why the hate? Calling people scared, old and putting down other schools??? Seems like this type of sore loser behavior might be part of your "program investment."

And yes, please break out the emails. I'd love to see them.

We would have loved to play you this week but you gave up 15 points in the span of a commercial break and hence no trip to Williamsburg.

For that, I am truly sorry. Hang in there Devils, I know this is tough.
Lol where you want me to send them?

Reactions: OCBoy
That is because the Salem incident was naming a specific player. If the incident in the LT locker room had a specific player's name mentioned, it would also be deleted, regardless of if the accusations turned out to be true or false.

It's amazing to me how little class has been shown here in the past by you Devils. It's not surprising that someone is actually showing a lack of maturity and class, cause you see that quite often these days...it's the fact that it's coming from a current coach to a group of kids. Being a coach comes with certain responsibilities, and arguing with other fans, calling other schools scared, putting down entire school districts because they may not sprout out the talent that you may get on a regular basis in your area...sorry dude, but you need to GROW UP. Sad to say, but it's not surprising many of things that have been reported about your team in the past if they have coaches like you to lead them. How can we expect kids to learn respect, and class, and good sportsmanship when their adult coaches are lacking it themselves.

I may be a tad biased because I'm now a middle aged guy, but back in the mid 80's I learned many valuable life lessons from coaches. Back then we had a head coach by the name of Ken Brown, and we had an assistant by the name of Tim Coleman...some of you may have heard of them as they are two of the most highly respected coaches ever in VA. They instilled in us back then a 'refuse to lose' attitude, and if we did, it was hard, but one thing they would not accept is losing without class. We chanted 'Raw Meat' back then, as a way to pump up our team(and our fans before the game), but we never once acted without class on the field, before, during, or after the game. If one of us did get too emotional and did something we shouldn't have done, they took a hard stance on it, and we made sure it never happened again. I believe i can say with certainty that with the attitude that you have shown here the past few years, you never would have made the cut on that coaching staff. Believe me, Coach Brown and Coach Coleman HATED to lose, and we didn't do it very often...but when it did, they taught us how to lose like winners. They taught us hard work and preparation paid off, they taught us no one individual was more important than the team, and they taught us to respect every individual that stepped foot on that field, whether they wore the blue and grey or not. I can say that I became a better man because of what I learned from our coaches. Being a coach to these young kids is not only a responsibility, but it is a privilege to be in a position to make a positive impact on a young person's life. It's a shame that you find it necessary to constantly come on here and show your true colors with you comments, and act in way that I personally find appalling for someone who calls themselves a 'coach' to a group of kids.

It's amazing to me how little class has been shown here in the past by you Devils. It's not surprising that someone is actually showing a lack of maturity and class, cause you see that quite often these days...it's the fact that it's coming from a current coach to a group of kids. Being a coach comes with certain responsibilities, and arguing with other fans, calling other schools scared, putting down entire school districts because they may not sprout out the talent that you may get on a regular basis in your area...sorry dude, but you need to GROW UP. Sad to say, but it's not surprising many of things that have been reported about your team in the past if they have coaches like you to lead them. How can we expect kids to learn respect, and class, and good sportsmanship when their adult coaches are lacking it themselves.

I may be a tad biased because I'm now a middle aged guy, but back in the mid 80's I learned many valuable life lessons from coaches. Back then we had a head coach by the name of Ken Brown, and we had an assistant by the name of Tim Coleman...some of you may have heard of them as they are two of the most highly respected coaches ever in VA. They instilled in us back then a 'refuse to lose' attitude, and if we did, it was hard, but one thing they would not accept is losing without class. We chanted 'Raw Meat' back then, as a way to pump up our team(and our fans before the game), but we never once acted without class on the field, before, during, or after the game. If one of us did get too emotional and did something we shouldn't have done, they took a hard stance on it, and we made sure it never happened again. I believe i can say with certainty that with the attitude that you have shown here the past few years, you never would have made the cut on that coaching staff. Believe me, Coach Brown and Coach Coleman HATED to lose, and we didn't do it very often...but when it did, they taught us how to lose like winners. They taught us hard work and preparation paid off, they taught us no one individual was more important than the team, and they taught us to respect every individual that stepped foot on that field, whether they wore the blue and grey or not. I can say that I became a better man because of what I learned from our coaches. Being a coach to these young kids is not only a responsibility, but it is a privilege to be in a position to make a positive impact on a young person's life. It's a shame that you find it necessary to constantly come on here and show your true colors with you comments, and act in way that I personally find appalling for someone who calls themselves a 'coach' to a group of kids.
Sir you don't know me at all to pass judgement at all. You people kill me coming out of nowhere to offer up your take and opinion. Sure thing sir sorry to offend you, but guess what if you don't like what I have to say do what I do...HIT IGNORE!!!

I may be a tad biased because I'm now a middle aged guy, but back in the mid 80's I learned many valuable life lessons from coaches. Back then we had a head coach by the name of Ken Brown, and we had an assistant by the name of Tim Coleman...some of you may have heard of them as they are two of the most highly respected coaches ever in VA. They instilled in us back then a 'refuse to lose' attitude, and if we did, it was hard, but one thing they would not accept is losing without class. We chanted 'Raw Meat' back then, as a way to pump up our team(and our fans before the game), but we never once acted without class on the field, before, during, or after the game.

Courtland? I ask only because I went to Osbourn back in the early 80's and remember playing Courtland in 82 and they were chanting "Raw Meat". Never forget the beating we took that day!

Yes, it was Courtland...and we were actually a very good team back in the 80's with several state titles. Of course, back then, Courtland was the new school, and it was only 2 High Schools in Spotsylvania County. We now have 5 with the addition of Chancellor, Massaponax and Riverbend. I felt very blessed to have a coach like Ken Brown, as well as an assistant like Tim Coleman on that team...it was a special group. Tim soon got his chance to be the head coach at Spotsylvania, and he went on to lead them to several state titles, and his accomplishments are no surprise for anyone who new the man, and I'm sure attributes much of his success to things he learned under the great Ken Brown. Current head coach JC Hall was also a great player(QB and safety) under those guys back in the 80's. Our teams were never known to have truly 'special' players....although we did have some very good ones like the beast Ronnie Almond(felt sorry for kids trying to tackle him), and Tim Canada several years later. But was more the attitude and preparation those guys instilled in us, and the 'team' concept they instilled in us that made us tough to beat in those days. We never surprised anyone in what we did on the field...Coach simply gave us the mindset that if all 11 guys did their job, and didn't get beat man on man, then the opponent couldn't stop us...and for the most part, they didn't. We had some awesome times back at the Cougar's Den in those days.

ADVERTISEMENT