ADVERTISEMENT

Couple of undefeated games

Aug 14, 2017
Heritage goes to EC Glass to take on Jeff Woody and his squad. I'm calling it 28-24 Glass. Sorry guys but Mr. Woody knows how to get it done.

Liberty (Bedford) goes to Staunton River. Both teams are undefeated but I'm calling it 64-14 Staunton River.

Most importantly it's Touchdowns for Cancer week. Something I'm sure is close to all of our hearts. $10 per touchdown so I hope we see some high scores!

Heritage goes to EC Glass to take on Jeff Woody and his squad. I'm calling it 28-24 Glass. Sorry guys but Mr. Woody knows how to get it done.

Liberty (Bedford) goes to Staunton River. Both teams are undefeated but I'm calling it 64-14 Staunton River.

Most importantly it's Touchdowns for Cancer week. Something I'm sure is close to all of our hearts. $10 per touchdown so I hope we see some high scores!
I'm gonna say SR 54 Liberty 20. At halftime SR 40 Liberty 0. Liberty gets a late td and 2 points to get 20 points. Could've been worse but again Poston calls off the dogs a little early and Liberty takes advantage of that somewhat.

Reactions: aimhighveteran
Yesssir! A lot of great games coming up in that area. Staunton River vs. LB and Byrd are going to be very very good games.
That SR/LB game is shaping up to be a good one. LB has been tested a little more to this point than SR has. It sounds like LB has a very solid defense. I believe it will be a very physical game. Have to wait a couple more weeks before I give a prediction on that one. SR has a bye after Liberty which in my opinion is good, going into a big game like that. But 1st things 1st. Take care of Liberty.

Looks like Liberty is better this year. I heard Liberty's QB from last year is now playing for St. River. Maybe it was addition by subtraction for Liberty. Could make things interesting on Friday. What position is he playing for SR since they are in the single wing?

Reactions: Chucksteel72
Looks like Liberty is better this year. I heard Liberty's QB from last year is now playing for St. River. Maybe it was addition by subtraction for Liberty. Could make things interesting on Friday. What position is he playing for SR since they are in the single wing?
Liberty has played two teams that have a combined record of 0-6. I would not say that have improved much just yet. The remaining 8 games are extremely difficult.

He is playing Blocking Back on offense and Linebacker on defense. He not only blocks very well but on the limited times he's carried the ball he's been effective and has even thrown a beautiful 35 yd strike once. The offense has evolved a little in my opinion. As far as Liberty goes it's great to see them 2-0 but kind of like us, I believe the competition played against has been subpar. Coach Watts is an excellent coach. I believe he may have started trying to play to the strengths of what he has this year. They mainly run what looks like a Maryland I formation. (Double-Dive). But I wouldn't be too surprised to see some sets that no one has seen them do before. I mean why not? Expectations are not that high. Go for it.

Reactions: aimhighveteran
SR will put up at least 60 on Liberty. Christiansburg was a automatic win for them in my opinion. Franklin county's QB got ejected in the second quarter against Liberty. If he would've played i think that game would've been closer and FC would've won. The running back Taylor Carson for Liberty looks very good. I'm not a fan of the double dive offense, but Coach Watts makes it work.

I'm very excited about the Glass vs. Heritage game. This will be a big test for the Hilltoppers and a big game in front of the city. This is the most attended game of the year for both teams.

When the Seminole district games start we will get to see the best teams rise to the top. I agree with @Pioneer 4life this Heritage team has too much for the Hilltoppers.
As a former ODAC lineman, and coach I'm not a fan of the "dead snap" that Rose uses. But, he is big, strong and physical. Add Wyatt at left tackle and you have a real nice combination upfront. They will give Davis all the space he needs
Glass is definitely better since Woody arrived, and they will have a good season. I just don't think they have enough for this Heritage team

When the Seminole district games start we will get to see the best teams rise to the top. I agree with @Pioneer 4life this Heritage team has too much for the Hilltoppers.
As a former ODAC lineman, and coach I'm not a fan of the "dead snap" that Rose uses. But, he is big, strong and physical. Add Wyatt at left tackle and you have a real nice combination upfront. They will give Davis all the space he needs
Glass is definitely better since Woody arrived, and they will have a good season. I just don't think they have enough for this Heritage team

This is a very good Heritage team this year. Glass is younger, but they've got some talent. I Believe!

Don't think Glass will score 24 on Heritage if they start today.

Chucksteel72.... Heritage is just elite this year. EC Glass is good but they don't stand a chance beating Heritage.

I agree, Liberty seems to be much improved and personally believe they will give SR all they want. The kid who was at Liberty obviously isn't missed and they filled that hole out with a better player. Also, I'm not sure SR is as explosive this year. The overstreet kid (from what i've heard) goes down easier this year. Maybe teams are tackling him lower? Don't be surprised to see a very close game on Friday... It is a county rival with very little love loss between the two. In these games, anything can happen. Liberty figures out the single wing and wins a close one 28-24

I agree, Liberty seems to be much improved and personally believe they will give SR all they want. The kid who was at Liberty obviously isn't missed and they filled that hole out with a better player. Also, I'm not sure SR is as explosive this year. The overstreet kid (from what i've heard) goes down easier this year. Maybe teams are tackling him lower? Don't be surprised to see a very close game on Friday... It is a county rival with very little love loss between the two. In these games, anything can happen. Liberty figures out the single wing and wins a close one 28-24
I'm not sure how you arrived at anything you said. SR has scored 178 points in 3 games. That is an average of 59 per game, while allowing 18 pts. per game. I would say that is pretty explosive. @aimhighveteran has already pointed out Liberty has beaten two teams that have combined to win 0 games this season. The Minutemen are a scrappy bunch and have great coaches, but they will struggle to win another game this season.

Congrats on the 2 wins so far this season. Reality- the schedule is too tough to win another and you will finish 2-8.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
As far as Overstreet going down easier. You definitely heard wrong. As far as Porter not being missed at Liberty, that's not for me to say. But I will say he's a great addition to a good Staunton River football team, great blocker and passer and seems to be a solid tackler. "Not as explosive"? 44 points, 62 points substituted early and 72 points substituted with 5 minutes left in the 1st half. Naw, that ain't explosive! The only reason I won't be attending this ass kicking is my 20th wedding anniversary. I will be at the beach. Otherwise I wouldn't miss it.

Reactions: AntGZee
As far as Overstreet going down easier. You definitely heard wrong. As far as Porter not being missed at Liberty, that's not for me to say. But I will say he's a great addition to a good Staunton River football team, great blocker and passer and seems to be a solid tackler. "Not as explosive"? 44 points, 62 points substituted early and 72 points substituted with 5 minutes left in the 1st half. Naw, that ain't explosive! The only reason I won't be attending this ass kicking is my 20th wedding anniversary. I will be at the beach. Otherwise I wouldn't miss it.
Settle down big guy... Just offering my opinions...

I'm not familiar with Touchdowns for Cancer. Can you explain more? Thanks.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
What is the "dead snap" you are speaking of?

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
What is the "dead snap" you are speaking of?
DP-First, I want to say I enjoy your comments.
The term shotgun "dead snap" refers to the center placing the ball on its tip and placing the other end within the palm of the hand. Basically, the ball is almost vertical. The center will flip the wrist and snap the ball. This technique is widely used in rec leagues for teams kids who have smaller hands, and those that are developing. The disadvantage is the ball will reach the qb in different locations to the left or right depending on the center release point. Personally, for this age group it is a bad habit and not developmentally sound. Very few college coaches use this technique and thus you limit the athletes skill as a center if they do not master the traditional method.

Last edited:
Obviously still butt hurt from Bburg... It's ok, the big bad Blacksburg team can't hurt you anymore :(
Your wrong, Mr. I just became a member today and I'm looking to troll someone. Never was "butt hurt" about any of our season last year. It was a great year. Making it to a state championship game was a great thing. Losing a tight game to a very deserving Blacksburg team was nothing to be ashamed of. Not sure what your intent is here. But it seems it nothing more than to try and troll.

Your wrong, Mr. I just became a member today and I'm looking to troll someone. Never was "butt hurt" about any of our season last year. It was a great year. Making it to a state championship game was a great thing. Losing a tight game to a very deserving Blacksburg team was nothing to be ashamed of. Not sure what your intent is here. But it seems it nothing more than to try and troll.
I simply stated an opinion. If you have an issue with that, then make a complaint. You are the one attacking, which leads me to believe you are butt hurt. Snowflake much?

I simply stated an opinion. If you have an issue with that, then make a complaint. You are the one attacking, which leads me to believe you are butt hurt. Snowflake much?
No one attacked you at all. You are wrong in the assumption that I'm angry about something that I was never angry about to begin with. As far as your opinion goes, you are certainly entitled to one, even if it's based on what you've heard about Staunton River football. I tell you what. Since you are a high school football fan. Why don't you drive out to Moneta Friday night and get a close up look at them. Then come back on here and tell me how they are not explosive and how easy they are to tackle and how close the game was. As I've stated before I will be outta town Friday but I will be getting updates on the game. Then after SR takes care of business you'll be on to pulling for our next opponent. You ain't fooling nobody. Talking about butt hurt? You must have already been on the receiving end of one of those single wing ass kickings. That's what it sounds like to me.

No one attacked you at all. You are wrong in the assumption that I'm angry about something that I was never angry about to begin with. As far as your opinion goes, you are certainly entitled to one, even if it's based on what you've heard about Staunton River football. I tell you what. Since you are a high school football fan. Why don't you drive out to Moneta Friday night and get a close up look at them. Then come back on here and tell me how they are not explosive and how easy they are to tackle and how close the game was. As I've stated before I will be outta town Friday but I will be getting updates on the game. Then after SR takes care of business you'll be on to pulling for our next opponent. You ain't fooling nobody. Talking about butt hurt? You must have already been on the receiving end of one of those single wing ass kickings. That's what it sounds like to me.
Actually, no, I am not butt hurt, because my team is currently wearing a ring... Can you say the same?

Great point MrjHamm, rings don't lie. Chucksteel72 is only a temporary user. Let's see if he running that mouth next year...survey says.......he won't. 2-8 at best next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT