ADVERTISEMENT

Courtland @ Lake Taylor

Aug 19, 2015
Courtland down 21-0 in 2nd wye, Cougars look tight and the offensive play calling has left something to be desired, Coach Hall has been the in big games before, seems tight like the team. Very uncharacteristic, Lake Taylor dominating so far

Cassio,

That's being too nice. Team is playing timid; coaches look like they have no idea what to do.

They are playing a hungrier very good team that are grown men. I'm gonna give this a series or 2 more and may head back north.

Congrats to Cougars though, they made it further than last year. I'm my experience, once you're at this level, you've got to be able to throw it more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael Cassio
Cassio,

That's being too nice. Team is playing timid; coaches look like they have no idea what to do.

Play calling is astrocious. They are playing a hungrier very good team that are grown men.

Courtland definitely back on their heels, look like Cougars in the headlights

Courtland scores to make it 28-6 (LT returned a fumble for TD) then went for a fake xtra point. Killed all momentum, JC trying to out coach himself it appears

35-6 at half, LT scores on screen with 4 seconds in half. Courtland in over their head, not much else to say. Will post final score, LT will win state championship

47-33 Final, Courtland fought in second half, play calling was not very good for Courtland in a game at this level.......

Courtland certainly got stunned in the first half. A scoop and run fumble. KO return for a TD. Smartly called screen just before the half that went all the way. The Courtland QB had a rough day and you're right, didn't seem like a good offensive game plan running the edges so often. Green broke tons of tackles Only to get to the line of scrimmage. Defensive team speed by LT was just too fast. LT put 9 in the box and dared Courtland to pass, which they couldn't. They have good receivers but LT's DBs are so used to playing tight coverage, any passing routes were disrupted right at the line of scrimmage.

Very different Cougar team came out after the half and threw up 19 quick points in the 3rd quarter but the hole was way too deep and LT did enough to keep their lead. Fine victory by them. That's how you win a State Championship. GL next week at Liberty.

Those that have really watched LT this year they have really gont to another level at times in their games this season. They can score in quick quick spurts. Their offense maybe not be as polished as last years team but they maybe more explosive. They just find ways to win is the bottom line.

Reactions: Michael Cassio
Congrats Courtland on a great season never gave up and the backs ran hard. On to the next one and we are where we wanted to be from the beginning...Defending our title.
Congratulations Devils. The Titans go fot the repeat.

Yeah, Mike. Congrats! Try to catch up with us next Sat. if you can find a second or two. We will be there well before the first game. We will text you.

While I would have really liked a different outcome, I am very grateful that Courtland made it to the final four and played with heart, skill and dignity. It would have been so easy for them to fold up their tent after some of the big plays they gave up in the first half, but instead came out ferociously in the second half and really made a very strong comeback. A true measure of a champion is to get up after being knocked down and for pushing and fighting to the end. In my book, the Cougars are winners regardless what the final scoreboard read.

Hats off to Lake Taylor--they are a very fast and talented team that knows how to win in big games and take advantage of big plays when they get the chance. Good luck to them in the finals.

2nd best? You didn't even make the final 4.
He is not from Hanover. Snooks statement, has some validity. I will not say that Hanover is the second best team in the state, but unless you use power points as a guide one could argue that Hanover just may have been second best?????

Due to mandated district play, pods and unfortunate way the seedings went this year it left a lot of room for doubt. Take a look at the playoffs. Until the semis all of pod 20 played each other and so did pod 19. Richmond beat up on Richmond and Fredericksburg did the same. Cant change it so we can only hope for more balance next season.

The best team from the east and the best team from the West are in Lynchburg, so lets enjoy it.

ADVERTISEMENT