ADVERTISEMENT

Covid-19 Mask

bowlingref

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Apr 29, 2010
Rustburg Va.
I have been wondering if the VHSL mandates officials wear the mask. How will the mask be designed and how many of you fellow officials will be willing to wear the mask?

That's TBD at this point. I've been in contact with guys from all over the country and I don't think any state has decided exactly what to do.

The NFHS phasn't even finalized its recommendations and we're probably a few weeks away from that.

If it plays out that we have to wear them to work football, then I'll wear one. There's a lot of equpment we have to wear, I guess that would just be one more. No idea if guys wil opt out of officiiating because of a requirement to wear one, if it comes about.

The market for electronic whistles is booming. I didn't know they existed until a couple months ago. I might get one just because I hate blowing my whistle anyway because I have tinnitus in my left ear.

That's TBD at this point. I've been in contact with guys from all over the country and I don't think any state has decided exactly what to do.

The NFHS phasn't even finalized its recommendations and we're probably a few weeks away from that.

If it plays out that we have to wear them to work football, then I'll wear one. There's a lot of equpment we have to wear, I guess that would just be one more. No idea if guys wil opt out of officiiating because of a requirement to wear one, if it comes about.

The market for electronic whistles is booming. I didn't know they existed until a couple months ago. I might get one just because I hate blowing my whistle anyway because I have tinnitus in my left ear.
Electronic whistles might be great thing to try. I bought a new style Fox-40 last year and that whistle is so loud,it takes away years of wearing ear plugs at work in a very noisy environment.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldfool2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT