ADVERTISEMENT

Crickets

who was a disappointment tonight ? Who impressed and made a game of it? Any upsets?
Culpeper was a disappointment. They have the athletes to compete and they could have competed with EV tonight. Culpeper will be okay but some questionable things happened tonight that I won’t post. That brutal schedule they play will make or break a team. EV looked real good though.

Last edited:
Still not sold on eastern view, they are a prove it team to me, beat someone good, earn my respect eastern view!!!!

Still not sold on eastern view, they are a prove it team to me, beat someone good, earn my respect eastern view!!!!

That's a fair opinion. Unfortunately, the schedule they play won't help change your mind till maybe the playoffs (Courtland game?). I think the only winner was Caroline on the schedule last night (power points will be tough this year at first glance).

There was something different about them last night (it could have been the style of play CC was going for). They didn't have that same big play feel to them. Which I liked. They were more methodical, grinding. They didn't punt all night, but also didn't have an 80yd score either.

The other thing (which if fine) is they have players that need more time. I think the EV team that played Dinwiddie is better, but this team has more potential. If that makes sense. Saw some little used formations which was nice too.

The rivalry :)rolleyes:) game brought out some of the things missing from the scrimmages. Hopefully they can maintain that.

I will say this, the backup QB for us has been very impressive. I had know idea he was so tough. Hard nose runner!!

I thought CC's approach was mind boggling. They have very good athletes on that team. Yet they lined up 10 guys in the box and tried to shove the ball down the field. It's like they thought it was 2013 and they were Liberty and we were that EV team. A couple of yards here and there, but EV went 5 front and ended that quick. The kids over there aren't going to like that long.. teach them to play some ball my goodness.

EV has too much returning to make a statement like that. I get it, they won't really be tested until playoff time so I understand your position and it would normally be mine. This is a different circumstance though. If they catch their stride they are definitely a contender for a state title. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it, it appears 4B is loaded again. Midlo, Huguenot, and PH Ashland may be better this year as well.

Pleased with JF defense posing a shutout (SR scores 7 on a kick return reverse). They also were able to get the offense rolling a bit, racking up 62 points. However, Staunton river is in a huge rebuilding year. The rest of the schedule is no cake walk, so hopefully we can just improve each week.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I don't know if I'd say disappointed in Kings Fork's performance. There are a lot of new faces in new places this season.

I think the QB will be a bigger running threat. He moves really well. Leo Wethington played well. Doesn't go down on first contact.

Lots of stuff to clean up. Penalties galore. That's what helped Wilson keep it relatively close.

Special teams looks like it could be special. Kickoff returned for a TD, something that didn't happen at all last year. Blocked punt for a TD.

I think once these guys gets some game experience under their belts they'll be good.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Warriors look real good, big strong , and fast. One game at a time .

Sherando is loaded is an understatement, the only thing that will hurt them in my opinion, is that fact they will not be battle tested other than the Martinsburg game. The line goes not less than 230 I think. They will physically beat up teams. They hurt 3 James Wood players Friday night.

Sherando is loaded is an understatement, the only thing that will hurt them in my opinion, is that fact they will not be battle tested other than the Martinsburg game. The line goes not less than 230 I think. They will physically beat up teams. They hurt 3 James Wood players Friday night.

I said it in another thread, but I think James Wood is actually better than last year overall. Before the injuries they were much more effective on the line in comparison to last year. Hoping that the injuries for them aren't bad; they went 2-8 last year and I think they could win 4 or 5 games this year if they're healthy.

As for Sherando, I think you're right in that the Martinsburg will determine how ready they are to play with the best teams in the state, but I'd say Liberty and Kettle Run won't be pushovers. I don't see either of them as state championship contenders but they'll both be improved over last year.

The end of the Handley game was quite something today. Good way to start the year for the Judges.

The Goochland/TJ game shocked me. Hell, most had Goochland in the championship game already. I expected a 35+ point win. Although, before I read up on the teams, (before I made my picks), I was thinking it might be a close game. Then I became convinced that it wouldn't be much of a contest.

The Goochland/TJ game shocked me. Hell, most had Goochland in the championship game already. I expected a 35+ point win. Although, before I read up on the teams, (before I made my picks), I was thinking it might be a close game. Then I became convinced that it wouldn't be much of a contest.

I agree and I know TJ has a good coach and they are turning that program around. They (TJ) did lose a lot last year and I thought Goochland would run away with this. I think it says more about TJ being much better than we thought than Goochland being down. I think Goochland will still be there in the end in class 2.

I agree and I know TJ has a good coach and they are turning that program around. They (TJ) did lose a lot last year and I thought Goochland would run away with this. I think it says more about TJ being much better than we thought than Goochland being down. I think Goochland will still be there in the end in class 2.
I agree fully.

That's a fair opinion. Unfortunately, the schedule they play won't help change your mind till maybe the playoffs (Courtland game?). I think the only winner was Caroline on the schedule last night (power points will be tough this year at first glance).

There was something different about them last night (it could have been the style of play CC was going for). They didn't have that same big play feel to them. Which I liked. They were more methodical, grinding. They didn't punt all night, but also didn't have an 80yd score either.

The other thing (which if fine) is they have players that need more time. I think the EV team that played Dinwiddie is better, but this team has more potential. If that makes sense. Saw some little used formations which was nice too.

The rivalry :)rolleyes:) game brought out some of the things missing from the scrimmages. Hopefully they can maintain that.

I will say this, the backup QB for us has been very impressive. I had know idea he was so tough. Hard nose runner!!

I thought CC's approach was mind boggling. They have very good athletes on that team. Yet they lined up 10 guys in the box and tried to shove the ball down the field. It's like they thought it was 2013 and they were Liberty and we were that EV team. A couple of yards here and there, but EV went 5 front and ended that quick. The kids over there aren't going to like that long.. teach them to play some ball my goodness.
Best thing for Culpeper of the night was them coming out on the field to the Purge Announcement. Was pretty cool

ADVERTISEMENT