ADVERTISEMENT

CV TV GAME OF THE WEEK CHANGED

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
This weeks CVTV high school game of the week has been changed to the Courtland Louisa game at Courtland! the game will be rebroadcast on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday at 7 pm on Comcast channel 2, Verizon Fios channel 34 and Cox cable channel in Fredbg and Spotsylvania 88 and 85. Mike Nevell Tim Coleman and David Robinson doing the telecast.

Always enjoyed Nevell and Coleman together. Really, really good. True pro Nevell and incredibly knowledgable good OL' boy Tim. It just works. Ying and Yang. Best to hang back on this one David. But I'm still jealous. Have fun Friday.

All Skynard has to do is play Freebird and he will be the man! That song gets everyone going! Now the game itself, I am looking for improvement from Louisa to stay in this game.

Yup, I think Louisa is in this game. Two weeks to prepare and Fischer knows the Wing. 11 fumbles in 2 games by the Cougars. That's more than most seasons for them. 3 TD's in two games for the Cougars with their 4 D1's. Hell yeah, the Lions have a real good chance. The only positive for the Cougars is they have given up only 1 TD in two games against some high quality opponents, despite turning the football over so often. Gotta give them that. But it is what it is here. Cougars aren't playing Football. The Lions need to jump on them when the only thing Courtland has showed so far is that they're off their game.

If I was Louisa I would drop all the mis direction , and line up with that big line, put two full backs in front of there best running back and hammer it right and left straight at courtland , every 4th or 5th play go play action, short passes. Make it easier for small QB. That Whalen young man behind two bruisers . Let the play clock run all the way down to the last 5 seconds every play, make the game short , keep Courtland O off the field. That's my plan!

Reactions: one man
That's good planning hamspear! saw Louisa play the first game against Sherando as we did the TV game of the week Thursday night the first week. it was hard to gauge the lions as their first team center was out and the second string center must have had 10 bad snaps killing the Louisa offense and they never got any rhythm. the defense had a lot of trouble stopping the cut back running of Sherando. mostly what I saw was the Louisa linebackers was overrunning the Sherando back and he cut back torching them mercifully.
imo you are exactly right in your planning. in Defensing the wing t the backers must play a step or two deeper and stay at home or that Courtland offense will run them to death. you are right Louisa needs to keep the ball on offense and shorten the game to have any chance to beat Courtland. Louisa is a young team and they will have to do a lot of growing up in a short time to beat the cougars.
Courtland better not take the lions lightly as the Waylen kid and RaQuan Jones young backs are good athletes and Jordan Cherry the young QB can throw the ball better than people think. if Louisa does what you say and control the clock and shorten the game and eliminate mistakes they will have a chance. anything less will be a disaster imo!

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
If I was Louisa I would drop all the mis direction , and line up with that big line, put two full backs in front of there best running back and hammer it right and left straight at courtland , every 4th or 5th play go play action, short passes. Make it easier for small QB. That Whalen young man behind two bruisers . Let the play clock run all the way down to the last 5 seconds every play, make the game short , keep Courtland O off the field. That's my plan!
I see your points, but I'm partial to Fischer's single wing and its misdirection. #5 RaQuan Jones was fullback last year and we're using an additional lineman in his place already this year. It's a beauty to watch when it's clicking, which I think it will do this year, but the defense is probably a year or two away. Every preseason article said this defense will be better than last year's, but I don't see that at all anymore. Some magic would have had to be worked over the bye week to make a drastic difference in the kids staying home and wrapping up. There won't be much of a point in trying to grind drives out when Courtland's going to score in two or three plays every drive anyway. They won't have time to fumble.

Scrimmage Play predicts Louisa by 1! Wow.

Last edited:
That's good planning hamspear! saw Louisa play the first game against Sherando as we did the TV game of the week Thursday night the first week. it was hard to gauge the lions as their first team center was out and the second string center must have had 10 bad snaps killing the Louisa offense and they never got any rhythm. the defense had a lot of trouble stopping the cut back running of Sherando. mostly what I saw was the Louisa linebackers was overrunning the Sherando back and he cut back torching them mercifully.
imo you are exactly right in your planning. in Defensing the wing t the backers must play a step or two deeper and stay at home or that Courtland offense will run them to death. you are right Louisa needs to keep the ball on offense and shorten the game to have any chance to beat Courtland. Louisa is a young team and they will have to do a lot of growing up in a short time to beat the cougars.
Courtland better not take the lions lightly as the Waylen kid and RaQuan Jones young backs are good athletes and Jordan Cherry the young QB can throw the ball better than people think. if Louisa does what you say and control the clock and shorten the game and eliminate mistakes they will have a chance. anything less will be a disaster imo!
I've heard Jones will be strictly on defense now, so there's that. Maybe that's changing after the bye. Whalen won't be able to do it all himself. Bell will have to get a lot more carries. I'm not sure who the new fullback is, but I'll be able to see his number tonight. Looked like a lineman. The defensive issues against Sherando were the same issues against Bird.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT