ADVERTISEMENT

Daboyz19

schoolboard

VaPreps All District
Oct 21, 2006
The answer to your question is yes. Skyline beat Central, which still has a winning record even after their playoff loss. They also beat James Wood(who would have had a winning record if they had not lost their best player for a few weeks) and beat Culpeper, who ended up 5-5. So while I grant you that Skyline does not match up with the best teams in 4A(borderline 5A), I think it is mildly unfair to call them horrible, when they are just a 3A school.

Last edited:
The answer to your question is yes. Skyline beat Central, which still has a winning record even after their playoff loss. They also beat James Wood(who would have had a winning record if they had not lost their best player for a few weeks) and beat Culpeper, who ended up 5-5. So while I grant you that Skyline does not match up with the best teams in 4A(borderline 5A), I think it is mildly unfair to call them horrible, when they are just a 3A school.
My bad! Horrible was to harsh of a word.

I'm with you Schoolboard - Skyline got dealt a tough hand with their schedule - HAVING to play 4 teams with significantly larger enrollments due to playing in the Northwestern District. Skyline showed their grit though and got it done in the first round of the playoffs.

Daboyz19 -
I think a lot of your posts come off harsh - but the more you post the more I see your intentions aren't all bad.

Reactions: Daboyz19
That was not my intent but I started to realize I was making a couple people angry. I just love high school football. I should watch my wording when I'm expressing my thoughts.

I'm with you man - I've learned not to say anything negative about teams, coaches, officiating, etc. I have also noticed on here though that if you say "you think" Team A is going to beat Team B - Team A's fans think you are bashing them when you are just offering your opinion. It doesn't take too much to get some people riled up.

I'm with you man - I've learned not to say anything negative about teams, coaches, officiating, etc. I have also noticed on here though that if you say "you think" Team A is going to beat Team B - Team A's fans think you are bashing them when you are just offering your opinion. It doesn't take too much to get some people riled up.
Thanksth
I'm with you man - I've learned not to say anything negative about teams, coaches, officiating, etc. I have also noticed on here though that if you say "you think" Team A is going to beat Team B - Team A's fans think you are bashing them when you are just offering your opinion. It doesn't take too much to get some people riled up.[/QUOT

Skyline officially asked to be in a different district, but I don't see that it makes much difference. In football, you get to pick the other 6 teams on your schedule. In the sport I coach, size of school does not matter as much as it does in football, as you don't need as much depth. Travel distances drive the schedule primarily, so it is not like there are many schools closer than the ones we are already playing. Lunacy comes in sports where we cannot play our cross-town rival because their district is so large, that a home/away schedule with the district precludes scheduling any other team.

ADVERTISEMENT