ADVERTISEMENT

Danville’s own

DSH, I didn't know BJ was from Danville. He's one Heck of a ball player. If BJ and Los Poole were on the GW squad, it would be very scary!!!

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
DSH, I didn't know BJ was from Danville. He's one Heck of a ball player. If BJ and Los Poole were on the GW squad, it would be very scary!!!
BJ is a Danville boy! Yes sir you are 1 hunnid percent correct. BJ, Los and Avion Burton to go with the squad that they had and GW would’ve been absolutely stacked. His sister Bree was All State at GW (graduated in 2014) and now plays at UNC Asheville. She and her team won the Big South and will be going to the Big Dance. She‘s been putting up huge numbers too and I think she was First Team All Big South. BJ is going to be real good at the next level. Has potential to play in the NBA if he keeps developing.

Why isn't Avion playing? I remember Bree, I saw her give MV the business at MV. Where is BJ thinking of playing on the next level.
DSH, what ever happened to CJ Barksdale?

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Why isn't Avion playing? I remember Bree, I saw her give MV the business at MV.
Good question Ant. His brother Tion (think they are cousins but they were more like brothers) was murdered last summer in Axton. Kid and his family has went through a lot the past 7 months. My guess is Coach Parker will have him back on the court this upcoming season. Kid can ball!

CJ is playing ball over in Spain. Haven’t talked to him in over 2 years but from the way his Instagram looks, he’s doing big things over there. When he comes back during the off-season he stays up in Blacksburg.

Reactions: AntGZee
And Ant, BJ has an offer from Radford and Columbus State. Would love to see him at Radford. Coach Mike Jones is building something serious up there! I believe BJ could play ACC ball. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him at Hargrave playing postgrad next year.

So sad to hear about that happening to him. I know that can't be easy on a family.
It’s a sad situation. The young man played for GW last year and was the 6th man. Everyone in Danville loved him and for something like that to happen, it really put a huge damper over the city. Even sadder that someone knows who did it and won’t tell. Don’t know Avion, but I know Tion’s Brother ,Chris ,who played basketball and football at GW before going to Cincinnati and NC Central to play football. Avion has a strong family support system. My guess is he’s GW starting PG next year and leads them back to the state playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT